EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG to ExoticFish

Premium Member

to ExoticFish

Re: [Signals] COMCAST said my E2500 router is causing leakage.

said by ExoticFish:

You had idiot techs out to your home.

Hmmm... If they were from CC's *noise police* dept., these guys are typically far from being "idiots"...

Gyp Thompson
@comcast.net

Gyp Thompson

Anon

"Hmmm... If they were from CC's *noise police* dept., these guys are typically far from being "idiots"..."

------------------------

These are the same guys that were going to nuke the service without even knocking on the door and letting me know what was going on. Then I had to tell the guy to check all the cables to make sure they weren't the issue, but he didn't check the one coming from outside. I just don't see how a modem can do this.

This isn't my area of expertise, so I'm not saying they are idiots, but something doesn't sit right with me and I had issues with comcast before.

panth1
The Coyote
join:2000-12-11
Port Saint Lucie, FL

panth1

said by Gyp Thompson :

These are the same guys that were going to nuke the service without even knocking on the door and letting me know what was going on. Then I had to tell the guy to check all the cables to make sure they weren't the issue, but he didn't check the one coming from outside. I just don't see how a modem can do this.

Most cable companies will install a high pass filter on the line and let the service techs find the noise. Assuming upstream noise. They figure knocking on the door to tell a customer noise is coming from their residence will result in them getting told to get lost. Plus they are probably running noise all day.

This forces the customer to call and let someone in to reconnect service and find whats' causing the noise.

Fortunately for you, you were home and they agreed to "troubleshoot" further.

Gyp Thompson
@comcast.net

Gyp Thompson

Anon

Ok, so I guess it's just normal procedure for them to do it the way they did it. So, in the mean time what should I do?