uniqs
share rss forum feed

killerbobjr

join:2005-10-20
Santa Monica, CA

Hot Deal - Current FIOS bundle promotions

Click for full size
75/35 basic TV bundle speeds
Verizon is running a few promotions for Double Play bundles. The current hot deal for new customers is UltimateHD TV + 75/35 + $200 VISA card for $80/mo (Slickdeals). I found that for current customers, there's no VISA card promo, but if you're still on any of the older, grandfathered speeds, you can upgrade to faster speeds for less per month by going with a bundle.

I started FIOS with DSLExtreme at 20/20 @ $65/mo, then got converted over to Verizon at 25/25 for $70/mo w/2 yrs, defaulting to month-to-month @ $75/mo. I resisted upgrading to Quantum speeds because I couldn't justify the higher prices and not being able to saturate my line from most sites.

With a bundle of basic TV service and 75/35 however, I only had to pay $70/mo for 2 yrs, which is less than my current 25/25 @ $75/mo and less than the $90/mo for internet only 75/35 speeds. Since I don't have a TV, I called customer service to cancel the truck roll (required to enable TV service), and they upgraded my internet speed within a few minutes.

VirtualLarry
Premium
join:2003-08-01
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME

if you cancelled the truck roll, then how did you get your TV set-top box? And if you didn't get one, then are they going to demand equipment back from you, should you ever change or drop TV service?

If you're paying for TV, then why not get a cablecard tuner for your PC?

killerbobjr

Santa Monica, CA

One of the configuration screens has a "no equipment required" selection. And I don't need a tuner card because of Hulu.com, Abc.com, Cbs.com, Nbc.com and the like.

brutus

join:2003-12-16
Tampa, FL
reply to killerbobjr

I signed up for it also, but be aware the prices aren't displaying correctly after upgrading. They aren't reflecting the discount. My $95 package is showing as $139.99 now.

They are also discussing it on Fatwallet.

»www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired···start=80

killerbobjr

Santa Monica, CA
reply to killerbobjr

The configuration screen was a little quirky -- I first had to select Ultimate HD TV along with 75/35 Internet to get the $80 deal, then select basic TV to get that combo of $70 to show up properly. I also did a printout of the order confirmation screen showing the discounted price -- it's a backup if there's ever a problem with billing.

Onedollar

join:2001-08-27
Pomona, CA
kudos:6
reply to killerbobjr

This is a glitch (not an intentional deal) good luck to those who got in

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
kudos:1
reply to killerbobjr

I am on 75/35 for 84.99 - no contract the same price you would pay on contract,because of the promo code I used to signup for 50/25 I hope that is not a glitch :P

brutus

Tampa, FL
reply to Onedollar

said by Onedollar:

This is a glitch (not an intentional deal) good luck to those who got in

I have a feeling this is going to be a battle to get them to honor it. Some people have been told Verizon is aware of the issue and will be honoring it while others are being told essentially sorry we can't help you.

I only upgraded because of the discount. I was also on the old pricing so I won't be able to downgrade to my old package since the prices have since gone up.

killerbobjr

Santa Monica, CA
reply to killerbobjr

said by Onedollar:

This is a glitch (not an intentional deal)

Not a glitch. Though I may have missed out on getting a VISA gift card (like the poster in the link) since I didn't call CS to bitch and moan.

jarablue
Always be true to yourself

join:2001-06-11
Boxborough, MA
reply to killerbobjr

Is this for new customers only? If I have existing service and am in a contract can I get this deal?

Onedollar

join:2001-08-27
Pomona, CA
kudos:6
reply to killerbobjr

Hopefully you are right, but the information I have is that this is a bug and not intentional. Time will tell when the bill shows up

brutus

Tampa, FL

said by Onedollar:

Hopefully you are right, but the information I have is that this is a bug and not intentional. Time will tell when the bill shows up

I hope so also since at this point it looks like they are billing me the full amount and not the amount that was listed.

killerbobjr

Santa Monica, CA
reply to killerbobjr

In the Slickdeals thread, several people said the CS they called stated that the order screens showed the discounted amount even though the customer's Myverizon web page didn't. My web page is showing that I have new service, a bunch of discounts, but only my previous 25/25 account amount as the last bill paid. I guess I'll have to wait for the next billing cycle to see if the new, discounted monthly amount shows up there.

killerbobjr

Santa Monica, CA
reply to killerbobjr

Just got my new bill. $66.69 (prorated amount). I didn't have to call or chat with billing, or do anything like many on the Slickdeals thread.

One poster reported that the basic TV + 75/35 package is apparently still available at $70, so if anyone is still interested in upgrading their service, go check your upgrade page. The deal seems to be legit.

Edrick
I aspire to tell the story of a lifetime
Premium
join:2004-09-11
Woburn, MA
reply to killerbobjr

Wait where is this available to? We're paying something like $180 a month to verizon.

birdfeedr
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI
kudos:9

said by Edrick:

Wait where is this available to? We're paying something like $180 a month to verizon.

Link in the first post. Be sure to read *all* the posts there.
You get what you pay for.