uniqs

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

Wideband Ultimate Price Decrease?

I am seeing (at least for my area) that the 50 / 5 tier is now "only" $20 more than turbo ($10 more than the extreme tier). Are any other divisions seeing this? Quite tempting.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by swintec:

I am seeing (at least for my area) that the 50 / 5 tier is now "only" $20 more than turbo ($10 more than the extreme tier). Are any other divisions seeing this? Quite tempting.

maybe tied to the ultimate 75 tier project? I know that TWC has it set at 89.99 promo here so maybe they are lowering ultimate 50 to make room for the new tier?

freakout9903
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
Gastonia, NC

freakout9903 to swintec

Premium Member

to swintec
awesome news, If this is the case in the Charlotte,NC I will be switching to 50/5 , no point in 75/5 imo, unless it goes 75/10.
TWCdude
join:2006-04-28
San Antonio, TX

TWCdude to swintec

to swintec
The price only dropped $5 The full price used to be $99. Now its $94.99. The price for the other tiers went up so it looks cheaper in comparison

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by TWCdude:

The price only dropped $5 The full price used to be $99. Now its $94.99. The price for the other tiers went up so it looks cheaper in comparison

Wideband is now $74.99 for us, $64.99 for extreme, $54.99 for turbo. When i got extreme a few months ago it was an extra $30 to go up to ultimate. Again, this may only be for Maine/NH market..was just wondering if other areas saw it.
TebTeb
join:2009-01-28
Reynoldsburg, OH

TebTeb

Hmm interesting.. I'm on the Ultimate/Wideband right now and I'm paying $79.99 for it. When I go to their site it lists it for $74.99. Worth noting I'm in Columbus, OH.
You can also get a $100 Visa reward card too:

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by TebTeb:

Hmm interesting.. I'm on the Ultimate/Wideband right now and I'm paying $79.99 for it. When I go to their site it lists it for $74.99. Worth noting I'm in Columbus, OH.

That screenshot looks like it is for new customers. If you login to my services it may show current pricing / non promo. Since I am on extreme my services shows I can switch to wideband for an extra $9.98 a month where as it always used to say about $30 extra. I have never seen promo prices displayed in My Services for current users.
TebTeb
join:2009-01-28
Reynoldsburg, OH

TebTeb

That is true. I can't see what the non-promo prices are since I'd have to call in to downgrade my service from the looks of it.
TWCdude
San Antonio, TX

TWCdude to swintec

to swintec
The non promo price is + $20
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym to TebTeb

Premium Member

to TebTeb
said by TebTeb:

That is true. I can't see what the non-promo prices are since I'd have to call in to downgrade my service from the looks of it.

Not always. If you're not on a promo, it would be in your interest to call up and haggle a bit. Then you can end up on the promo price.

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec to TWCdude

Premium Member

to TWCdude
said by TWCdude:

The non promo price is + $20

Turbo + $20 or Extreme + $20? My Services for current users upgrading services never displayed promo pricing. Also, where it displays + $9.98 more per month for me, it does not show per month for 12 months which makes me think it is the market rate now (used to show + $20 or $30).
TWCdude
San Antonio, TX

TWCdude to swintec

to swintec
The upgrade path did cheaper where it was $20 for turbo $30 for extreme and $50 for Ultimate. Now its $10, $20 and $30, but the base price went up. The upgrades were add ons to the standard rate, which used to be $49.99 - $20 that gave you the popular $29.99 rate. From what it looks like now is standard is $64.99- $20 = $44.99 for the new promo rate. If you are on any promo rate at this time you are going to get a good deal on the upgrades once it goes away its going to get expensive.

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by TWCdude:

If you are on any promo rate at this time you are going to get a good deal on the upgrades once it goes away its going to get expensive.

Hhhhmmm..not on any promo. Just have TV and internet bundled. Extreme is an extra line item on my bill for a $20 upcharge (since my bundle contains standard internet). So as it is, if I upgrade to ultimate now, the upcharge will simply become $30 instead of $20. Hard to justify it unless they increase the upload speed to be honest.
TWCdude
San Antonio, TX

TWCdude to swintec

to swintec
Yeah the extra download is kind of worthless unless you have a whole family streaming movies or stuff like that

fatal
join:2000-12-29
Brooklyn, NY

fatal

Is 75 available in brooklyn ny?

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

no. Only the Dallas system so far has access to ultimate 75.

treich
join:2006-12-12

treich to TebTeb

to TebTeb
I see that also when I go to there website and I am in Coldwater, Ohio before 50meg was like 99.99 an month.
SyphonBW
join:2004-02-24
Alliance, OH

SyphonBW to swintec

to swintec
Where do you go to see these options.Im on twc myservices and i dont see a option to upgrade or see prices in my area?

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by SyphonBW:

Where do you go to see these options.Im on twc myservices and i dont see a option to upgrade or see prices in my area?

you need to click "Order" and then select "Current Customer" and it will take you to a different system. it is not done through my services however they both share the same login.
SyphonBW
Alliance, OH

SyphonBW

I only see a bundle option.I have tv and internet from twc.

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by SyphonBW:

I only see a bundle option.I have tv and internet from twc.

So do I. however down below is each services a la cart options and you can customize there.
SyphonBW
Alliance, OH

SyphonBW to swintec

to swintec
Its like i cant upgrade to wideband 50/5 without adding home phone which i dont need or want lol.
SyphonBW

SyphonBW to swintec

to swintec
Down below where.Im not seeing it?
SyphonBW

SyphonBW to swintec

to swintec
I just chatted with a rep and upgraded.It was $20 more a month for 12 months so i did it.Not getting the full 50mb hopefully i will soon.

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

$20 more than turbo or more than extreme?
SyphonBW
Alliance, OH

SyphonBW

$20 more then extreme.I was paying $140 a month for tv and extreme internet now with wideband i now pay $160 with wideband.
And of course usenetserver is going real slow and i wamted to get a good feel of the new speeds lol.