spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mr Grumpy

@sbcglobal.net

Ringmaster

Since U-verse service installed yesterday I no longer have my second virtual "Ringmaster" number. Can Ringmaster not be forwarded? Is Ringmaster available on U-verse phone service?

jtudor
Xm 60's On 6 Freak
Premium,MVM
join:2002-12-07
Morganton, NC

When I had U-verse installed a year ago, I had to have ringmaster removed from my account before they could get my U-verse phone service working. It seems that for some reason the two services are not compatible.
--
Best of luck

"Do, or Do not, there is no try!" Yoda

Tech007
Premium
join:2013-01-25
Belleville, IL

what is ringmaster? Is that what rings different times for add'l numbers? if it was POTS(Plain old telephone service) than jtudor would be right since the dialtone is no longer coming from a central office(CO) but directly out of the modem

Forosnai

join:2011-09-30
kudos:2
reply to Mr Grumpy

Uverse voice uses "locate me" and multi user voice mail boxes to accomplish the same services as ringmaster.
»www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp···bGYmXCR2

Zoder

join:2002-04-16
Miami, FL

That's not the same service. Ringmaster would give you multiple phone numbers for your home phone.

The idea is that each person has their own number. When somebody calls the house, the ring pattern varies depending on which number calls. The people in the house then know who the call is for without having to pick up the phone.

NetFixer
Snarl For The Camera Please
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage

1 edit
reply to Mr Grumpy

said by Mr Grumpy :

Since U-verse service installed yesterday I no longer have my second virtual "Ringmaster" number. Can Ringmaster not be forwarded? Is Ringmaster available on U-verse phone service?

I would highly doubt that AT&T offers RingMaster service on their U-verse VoIP service. It was not available to me when I migrated from POTS to ISDN, or when I had the AT&T CallVantage VoIP service. The reason is that the ring signal is generated by your local ATA with either ISDN or VoIP service. I suppose that it might be possible to program the ATA to produce a different ring signal for different incoming phone numbers, but AT&T in the past, has been unwilling/unable to do that.

I have been able to transfer a RingMaster POTS number to another AT&T service (as a full featured number), but if your old POTS account has been closed, it is too late for that.
--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.