uniqs
share rss forum feed

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5

[Raiding] Vodka and Exodus Merge

The second and third 25 man US guilds have merged. With the departure of a number of vodka players, including the GM Grafarion, and some difficulty in acquiring new members, vodka is merging with Exodus to create an even bigger powerhouse guild that will seriously give Blood Legion and perhaps even Method a run for their money. Both guilds were already very highly placed in the world rankings, with vodka being the current No.3 and Exodus the No.9 guild. They've also moved to Mal'ganis, seeing as neither guild much liked their servers and the new guild's current name is Evodus, but that might yet change back to Exodus. Shibou, Exodus' current GM will stay in charge of the new guild with both Exodus and vodka officers making up the rest of the leadership positions. We'll talk to the guild leaders and get their thoughts on the matter very soon.

source
--
Goggalor: "Freedom of speech is not freedom of asshattery."

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Oh man Malganis will explode when this happens.

Suniojii

join:2009-10-31
Lakeside, CA
reply to stvnbrs

Some fanboy was in trade chat yesterday telling them welcome to the server. I was wondering what that was all about.

eve
Premium
join:2003-01-02
Alexandria, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to stvnbrs

I don't imagine this merge ever actually being successful. Only a handful of vodka players will reap the benefits of it. The rest are left, or have already been left, to find a new guild. Neither guild is as entertaining as Blood Legion's streams though. Rigg rage is second to none.

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
reply to stvnbrs

Do people really pay $250 to transfer [10] toons from one server to another? Or is there some mass transfer option I'm not aware of?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

They are sponsored guilds so the transfers are probably covered by their management.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to stvnbrs

Nice they'll give Gamble a run for their money, do they also sell runs like them?

Last night I saw a Vodka member on LFR and some other maybe from that new guild, didn't think much of it until they started to make fun of one of them because my low geared boomie was out-dpsing them.. LOL

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to Jobbie

said by Jobbie:

They are sponsored guilds so the transfers are probably covered by their management.

This.

Watch some of the more popular people who stream...Not only are most of them sponsored by some sort of company associated with gaming, but you'll see fat donations from both individuals and companies. I saw a $1250 donation to Reckful from some Anime company, and a year's gametime from some other business...not to mention the constant stream of $5-$100 donations the guy receives from the average Joe.

--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to stvnbrs

I don't know why people do this, but they complain when these players get paid to play. It's just like Pro sports, if you're good enough and promote yourself, companies start to notice. I give them props for being as good as they are and getting paid to do it. I honestly think they are going to give blood legion a run for their money. When people rage on those streams, not only is it funny, but you have to realise that a lot of their expenses depend on how well they actually place world wide. I could never be in a guild like that because I just don't have the luxury of time like they do. I would love to be able to compete on that caliber of gaming.

Carpie

united state
reply to Jobbie

said by Jobbie:

Is this how the Pride and Ego guild move was funded?

djlar

reply to Cptbeatstix

If I got paid to play maybe I wouldn't even work...

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
reply to Carpie

Hater lol.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Carpie

said by Carpie:

said by Jobbie:

We may need to ask to the PnE management...
--

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI

said by Jobbie:

said by Carpie:

said by Jobbie:

We may need to ask to the PnE management...

Lawls. WHA DA FUQ (my favorite Jobbie quote)
--
90 Pogasim (Pandaren Monk) M/G Horde!

Lothario

join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

1 edit
reply to stvnbrs

New guild should be called Death&Taxes.

Bleh, going to be a queue now.Blizz better lock the server.

djlar

I think I'm the best lock on the server... barely qualify to be on LFR and I'm outdpsing everyone.. LOL

(jk)

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
reply to stvnbrs

I find it funny being a 466 equipped ilvl and just smashing people on meters. Not that I really care about numbers, but there is no excuse for me beating a 488 ilvl classes. SHIT TYRONE, GET IT TOGETHER.

djlar

They are still named Exodus, had several of them on an LFR... which makes me wonder why a i507+ character is doing LFRs? maybe just for fun or VP cap?

Lothario

Ottawa, ON

Think there already is an exodus guild.

djlar

I don't know this guy had every heroic and elite possible equipped, I thought it was the same one (or they bought the name)..

Lothario

Ottawa, ON

I healed the Gamble druid tank in a heroic. He took no damage.

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to djlar

said by djlar:

They are still named Exodus, had several of them on an LFR... which makes me wonder why a i507+ character is doing LFRs? maybe just for fun or VP cap?

VP capping because It's easy for them lol.

djlar

Last night I had a Vigil tank doing LFD, the guy was insane, he pulled whole rooms with no healer and didn't die..

You know the instance where you bomb some guys coming and wait for them above the stairs? he went down there and was tanking adds there, no chance to bomb them..

After that the next boss that bubbles and you must bomb adds, he pulled everything on sight (about 20 mobs) he survived until the bomb phase ...

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor

I looked them up on b.net just to take a look at some of their gear, etc.

I found one toon with like 5 or 6 kills of each boss on LFR, and 13/16H, but no kills of any kind on normal.

Talk about #carried.

Must be nice.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

djlar

If you have 400K g available they carry you 16/16H with gear..

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Lothario

said by Lothario:

I healed the Gamble druid tank in a heroic. He took no damage.

I had a hunter from Gamble on a chain of dungeons the druid healer was drooling all over him, turns that Gamble was selling guild spots just to buy the cloud serpent and other achievement mounts.
--

djlar

Ah I remember the time where it was a dude from Gamble, another from Vigil and some guy from Federal Reserve (all stacked in heroic gear), we did like 5 dungeons and took like 10 mins each, fun times, the random pug that joined the group barely keep up...

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to djlar

said by djlar:

If you have 400K g available they carry you 16/16H with gear..

Fuck paying 400k to people in your guild for a carry.

I was in a guild in TBC that sold warbear mounts for 20k...10k to guildies. Bunch of assholes they were...I should've figured it out when they renamed the guild SLAVES OF WOW (yes in all caps)
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
reply to stvnbrs

I would never pay for achievements/gear because it takes the fun out of the game. You should have to put forth the effort to accomplish it. Clearing it without getting carried just gives you more pride in your character.

Carpie

united state

said by Cptbeatstix:

I would never pay for achievements/gear because it takes the fun out of the game. You should have to put forth the effort to accomplish it. Clearing it without getting carried just gives you more pride in your character.

+1