mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

1 recommendation

reply to borntochill

Re: [Equipment] Gigaset C610A IP Compatibility Matrix

My mail was read so i am hopefully that a positive outcome may be forthcoming .... As soon as I hear back I will post.

mozerd
Premium,MVM
Nepean, ON
Just a follow-up: No word yet after 7 days.

Trev
IP Telephony Addict
Premium
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC
kudos:6
said by mozerd:

Just a follow-up: No word yet after 7 days.

I've noticed the same fate with my emails. I would like to buy more of their products, but the only distributor I know of discontinued them
--
I represent AcroVoice, a full service Canadian VoIP Provider.
Buy your Obihai ATA shipped from within Canada.

mozerd
Premium,MVM
Nepean, ON
said by Trev:

I've noticed the same fate with my emails. I would like to buy more of their products, but the only distributor I know of discontinued them

Why not buy from .e4 or VoIPSupply? they are both very responsive although .e4 are far more flexible with shipping options.

Currently I'm of the opinion that people considering VoIP portable handsets should not look to Gigaset due to the way that Gigaset handles support issues -- which for a premium product leaves much to the imagination --- however on the other hand VoIP phones have not endeared themselves to John Q Public -- so sales probably cannot justify super support resources.

BTW, of interest to all --- before you actually buy additional handsets make sure to ask the supplier to confirm via email that "Select Services" will in fact appear as an option on the C610H handset purchased otherwise you'll end up in the same uncertain boat. This will force them to check and confirm as well as to accept liability [cost of shipping the product back + the cost of shipping the product to you -- which does add up to a nice sum].

Another interesting factoid -- the people at .e4 believe that the base station actually determines which options appear on the handsets in use --- and I "intellectually" agree but so far no Gigaset magic has been forthcoming.
--
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call
Information Technology for Home and Business