uniqs

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Some issues now?

Has something just happened in the past 10 minutes? I noticed I received a PM that was over 254 weeks old, my Fav Forums show no topics, and it seems my colour scheme has reset to default across all forums

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

My colors all changed to default as well then to another color..

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
Yup, same here -- though some forums that have their own color schemes seem to work (but my personal color scheme is being overridden in all cases).

Also, looks like the timestamps as to when some threads were last updated have gone wonky...

rexbinary
MOD King
Premium Member
join:2005-01-26
Plano, TX

rexbinary to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
Same thing here. The color schemes have gone fubar.

Bach
Premium Member
join:2002-02-16
Flint, MI

Bach to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
Yup. Color scheme changed, forum topics show as unread, favorite forum view switched from slow to quick.

state
stress magnet
Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory

1 recommendation

state to HiVolt

Mod

to HiVolt
It's being worked on, stay tuned.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
Same as all of the above. Everything went nuts all at once.

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness to HiVolt

to HiVolt
I lost all my minibar links.
NoHereNoMo
join:2012-12-06

1 edit

NoHereNoMo to HiVolt

to HiVolt
Ditto. Theme(s), minibar, other preferences being ignored reset to defaults or removed entirely.
[Edit: correction]
H_T_R_N (banned)
join:2011-12-06
Valencia, PA

H_T_R_N (banned) to HiVolt

to HiVolt
IM SO CONFUSED!@!!!

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Site seems back up, but same issues persist for now...

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
London, ON

nekkidtruth to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
Experienced/experiencing same issues as above.
Expand your moderator at work
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned) to fatness

to fatness

Re: Some issues now?

said by fatness:

Ahhhh...you posted in the bugs forum to deflect any blame that this surely must be all your fault!
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
Still happening?

Does anyone else have up at the top dozens of IMs both Site IMs, ones from members sent MANY years ago, ones from folks I have no knowledge of who have sent a bunch of IMs, also some that are from blocked members. Why are the latter NEVER purged? I always read Site IMs....did site send IMs to everybody as part of this?

Of course, I also don't have my theme colors, have no mini-bar, and lost some I See People Settings.

Can I post my screenshots now? I was trying to do that when the problem first started and the site said the images were 100% uploaded but then when I would click Preview again, I would get 504 and then 500 errors.

Edit: I now have a mini bar but it is in the wrong location and it does not have my icons and has strange icons...I have never had "favorites" because I don't have favorites and never had updated posts either. I have All posts instead on minibar. LOL

At least the site up and working!

Smokey
I'd rather be skiing
Premium Member
join:2003-05-20
Wild West

Smokey

Premium Member

Im still getting IM issues, but the other glitches related to this bug can be fixed in the settings. The problem for me was the last time I changed how DSLR looked for me was in 2006 or 2007 and I couldn't remember how to set them again. After about two hours messing with it, I got it back to about 90% of how it was before the site caught the flu.
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

I can't remember either. But I stumbled around and got most everything back except how, after I add an icon to the minibar, do I add the link? I found my icon that I use for my home page »/postlist. But how do I add that so when I click on it I am taken there?

I am sure glad to have my Canadian theme back!

But I wish those IMs at the top would disappear.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
Netgear R7000
Asus RT-N66
Hitron CODA-4582

nekkidtruth to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
One other thing I noticed was when posting in an area I always post in, it's asking me if I've gone over the rules before allowing me to create a post. Doesn't matter how many times I go through the motions, it still asks every time.

All of this seems to indicate an issue with our saved settings/preferences as well a cookie issue?

Edit: Of course now that I've posted it out loud, it's no longer doing it >.>
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

said by nekkidtruth:

Edit: Of course now that I've posted it out loud, it's no longer doing it >.>

That is always a good way to get something "magically" fixed!
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

Apparently the problem was cause by an Aaron Swartz wannabe trying to download tons of crap.
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave to fatness

Premium Member

to fatness
said by fatness:

I thought you didn't drink. Or is the site meltdown so bad you're reaching for the small bottles of scotch?
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

Well, I fixed it all except for the IMs ..at the top of every page going back 7-8 years! and I can't figure out how to put the link in for minibar icon for postlist/all. It is driving me nuts because I use that link constantly here to navigate the site. But everything else that was messed up I got fixed.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

No issues with any old IM's and I have some going back like 5 years.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to dave

Premium Member

to dave
said by dave:

said by fatness:

I thought you didn't drink. Or is the site meltdown so bad you're reaching for the small bottles of scotch?

There is no truth to the rumour that Fatness drinks anti-freeze and follows up with the required Vodka gallon chaser (to prevent kidney damage).

state
stress magnet
Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory

state to Mele20

Mod

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

I can't figure out how to put the link in for minibar icon for postlist/all.

Just visit the page you want to add, and click the little green icon with a plus in the middle:

FFH5
Premium Member
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

Well, I fixed it all except for the IMs ..at the top of every page going back 7-8 years! and I can't figure out how to put the link in for minibar icon for postlist/all. It is driving me nuts because I use that link constantly here to navigate the site. But everything else that was messed up I got fixed.

Do you have the minibar on your dslreports web page? Does it have the little green + icon. Go to the page you want to put in minibar so that the URL is what you want to save. Then press that + icon and just follow your instincts to add a " updated posts " icon.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

I don't know how to fix my fav forums, the forums are listed but no threads appear..

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

said by HiVolt:

I don't know how to fix my fav forums, the forums are listed but no threads appear..

Ditto.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

Click the "slow" link.

FFH5
Premium Member
Tavistock NJ

1 recommendation

FFH5 to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

On the menu bar at top of all dslreports pages, click on "Forums"; then on the next menu bar below click on "Your Forums"; then on the next menu line down click on "slow". That did it for me.