I lost all my minibar links.

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA
said by fatness:

Ahhhh...you posted in the bugs forum to deflect any blame that this surely must be all your fault!

dave
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to fatness
said by fatness:

I thought you didn't drink. Or is the site meltdown so bad you're reaching for the small bottles of scotch?

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
Well, I fixed it all except for the IMs ..at the top of every page going back 7-8 years! and I can't figure out how to put the link in for minibar icon for postlist/all. It is driving me nuts because I use that link constantly here to navigate the site. But everything else that was messed up I got fixed.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
kudos:1
No issues with any old IM's and I have some going back like 5 years.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
reply to dave
said by dave:

said by fatness:

I thought you didn't drink. Or is the site meltdown so bad you're reaching for the small bottles of scotch?

There is no truth to the rumour that Fatness drinks anti-freeze and follows up with the required Vodka gallon chaser (to prevent kidney damage).
--
Ain't nuthin but the blues! "Albert Collins".
Leave your troubles at the door! "Pepe Peregil" De Sevilla. Just Don't Wifi without WPA, "Yul Brenner"

LlamaWorks Equipment

state
stress magnet
Premium,Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory
kudos:6
reply to Mele20
said by Mele20:

I can't figure out how to put the link in for minibar icon for postlist/all.

Just visit the page you want to add, and click the little green icon with a plus in the middle:

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
reply to Mele20
said by Mele20:

Well, I fixed it all except for the IMs ..at the top of every page going back 7-8 years! and I can't figure out how to put the link in for minibar icon for postlist/all. It is driving me nuts because I use that link constantly here to navigate the site. But everything else that was messed up I got fixed.

Do you have the minibar on your dslreports web page? Does it have the little green + icon. Go to the page you want to put in minibar so that the URL is what you want to save. Then press that + icon and just follow your instincts to add a " updated posts " icon.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
I don't know how to fix my fav forums, the forums are listed but no threads appear..
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
said by HiVolt:

I don't know how to fix my fav forums, the forums are listed but no threads appear..

Ditto.
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Click the "slow" link.

FFH
Premium
Tavistock NJ

1 recommendation

reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

On the menu bar at top of all dslreports pages, click on "Forums"; then on the next menu bar below click on "Your Forums"; then on the next menu line down click on "slow". That did it for me.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

1 recommendation

said by FFH:

On the menu bar at top of all dslreports pages, click on "Forums"; then on the next menu bar below click on "Your Forums"; then on the next menu line down click on "slow". That did it for me.

That did it, thanks! Also had to change the Site Style from Horizontal to Vertical as thats how I had it before, and reset my site-wide theme...

Now I think its all back the way it was...
--

FFH
Premium
Tavistock NJ
said by HiVolt:

said by FFH:

That did it, thanks! Also had to change the Site Style from Horizontal to Vertical as thats how I had it before, and reset my site-wide theme...

Now I think its all back the way it was...

Whatever this problem was, it apparently wiped out forum preferences from a member's profile. I had to go in and re-pick all my preferences to get things back to normal.
--

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
said by FFH:

Whatever this problem was, it apparently wiped out forum preferences from a member's profile. I had to go in and re-pick all my preferences to get things back to normal.

Yeah, but not all preferences & settings, just some, mostly having to do with the look & feel of the site...
--

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14

1 recommendation

reply to dave
said by dave:

said by fatness:

Minibooze is easier than minidrugs. They're too small. I think I swallowed a minibong.
--
my pants are parched and thirsty

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
reply to state
said by state:

said by Mele20:

I can't figure out how to put the link in for minibar icon for postlist/all.

Just visit the page you want to add, and click the little green icon with a plus in the middle:

Thank you!
Also, thanks to FFH See Profile

Between the instructions from you guys, I couldn't possibly mess that up! Simple to do. I was trying to make too complicated.

Ahhh....relief as that is fixed. (I also had forgetten that I have the "old placement" (top and bottom) for the minibar but that was easy to fix.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

state
stress magnet
Premium,Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory
kudos:6
Another thing everyone needs to check is the ticker config, I noticed this afternoon that mine had been disabled. You can look here to change the settings and enable it or disable it: »/prefs/style