Ryno
The Wanderer
Premium Member
join:2001-04-07
Danielsville, PA

Ryno

Premium Member

Later Verizon DSL, they finally ran cable

I now have 25/2 for the same price as I paid for DSL. I love Verizon stability, DSL has almost always been rock solid for me. It is just too hard to stay slow. Now I can watch videos in HD, slingbox runs fine, downloads are ...wow... and latency is the same for gaming.

I did a 2 month trial of cable before cutting the DSL. Tests were never under 26/2.5 - VS - 2.8/700 with DSL

I just don't understand what Verizon is doing business wise. They can't really think the majority of people are eventually going to accept paying for wireless for homes do they? Verizon seems to have FIOS or screw DSL.
Good luck ya'll
sparky57
join:2003-05-18
New Bedford, MA

sparky57

I hear ya. My 1.8Mbps down is no longer adequate for over the top video services. May have to leave VZ for Comcast unless VZ does something to upgrade their network in my area.

HaloFans
join:2006-12-18

1 recommendation

HaloFans to Ryno

to Ryno
Verizon really wants people to leave since wireless or cable would mean a completely deregulated telecommunications industry.
CindyB1
join:2005-01-18
Chesapeake, VA

CindyB1 to Ryno

to Ryno
"They can't really think the majority of people are eventually going to accept paying for wireless for homes do they?"

Sorry to sound dumb. But what does that mean?

I have DSL, have had it for years. No cable TV though...never had it and don't want it. Maybe that is where I am not understanding your post? I do stream videos on Netflix in HD, with no problem.

Ryno
The Wanderer
Premium Member
join:2001-04-07
Danielsville, PA

Ryno

Premium Member

»Study: Wireless No Substitute For Wireline [32] comments

And I used to think I was getting by fine with my DSL. Always got close to 3MB.

Last night while away from home used my slingbox to watch shows in HD. With the DSL it would be physically impossible. DSL does not have enough bandwidth to upload that.

Not to mention trying to watch 1080 on DSL never worked for crap for me. If you are getting HD Netflix it can not be 1080