All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

South_of_22
join:2009-03-23

South_of_22 to Exand

to Exand

Re: [BC] TELUS High Speed Turbo 25 Usage being reduced 50%

I think Telus's bandwidth meter (what is shown on PDF bill) is borked.

I used over 530gigs for my December billing cycle, and the PDF bill shows that I only use 292gigs.

Hey........ Not complaining, just hope it remains in my favor for future months.
pb2k
join:2005-05-30
Calgary, AB

pb2k

Comparing to my dd-wrt traffic logs, seemed pretty solid right up until i noticed that telus forgot about december 31st, which worked out just fine for me, as I had big queue of stuff to dl in the wee hours of that morning.

Oh, and for those of you who are complaining: the internet works on oversubscription. If everyone tried to use a 250gb cap, with most of it spent during primetime (say a 10 hour window per day), telus would need over 2 terabit/s of capacity to support 1.3 million customers.
Kruisey
join:2006-12-30
Vancouver, BC

1 edit

Kruisey

I do not think anything can be done about this subject while Telus and Shaw have a monopoly for TV/Internet in Western Canada.
I personally feel very sad about this because I thought that when Telus started providing TV it would compete against Shaw which they did to start off.
Now its a case of well they either pick one or the other for TV/Internet packages so why compete when both can be earning the same profit.
TV packages can be the money makers .To force the General Public to buy more TV packages and make that money ,cut down on the amount of internet use.
Also we are forced to subscribe to a lot of rubbishy channels we do not wont to get the ones we do like.
That is very wrong.
This is a like to entering a Shopping Mall and being made to buy a pair of jeans we don't like to get the pair we really do like.Now that would never happen.
On Telus's side they have had to spend a lot financially to set up the TV side of their business where as Shaw had been established for years.Also Telus was over generous with their free gifts and maybe
realizing this at last are having to re coupe their losses on this side of the business.
Must admit Telus has come along way in TV quality of picture and the Technical Services,when one can reach them ,have been most helpful when problems arose.