how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Babbred

join:2013-01-24
Dallas, TX
reply to dbeatson

Re: Significant outage across Southeast US?

said by dbeatson:

Unplug your gateway from the power for 5 minutes and than plug it back in, if that doesn't work use the reset button or the web interface the default the gateway, that should being you back online.

We're tried that several times, and nothing happens.

We're here in north Dallas, and we haven't had service since Monday night. I have a technical question. Our TV screen shows solid blue, the AT&T logo, and the message, "client initiation failure" with the option to "quit client". Is this a hardware or software glitch?

The reason I ask is because on Tuesday I got one of those robo calls saying power had been restored in our area. And yet, no service in our home. Just the same message on our TV screen. I have this haunting fear that all my neighbors are back to service but that something is physically wrong with our DVR box. Maybe it's just not rebooting correctly, like a frozen computer? Should we wait out AT&T or try to get a tech out here to replace the box? I might add that we don't have internet, either, so my husband thinks it's the router.

It's just so frustrating because all the lights are on both boxes. They look perfectly normal. Turn on the computer, and it even says "connected to X [our wifi signal]." And yet no TV and no internet. We're pulling our hair out.

And now for the second question: why don't we leave? Short answer, we have a ton of stuff recorded on the DVR box. Maybe not a good reason, but there it is. Also, we've never had a problem with AT&T before, so we're hoping it will just go away and our lives can get back to normal.

However, even we have our limits. If this blasted problem is not fixed by February 6, when our next bill is due, we're out of there. Therefore, can anybody recommend a good replacement? I see this site has an add for Dish. Are they any good?

netboy34
Premium
join:2001-08-29
Kennesaw, GA
kudos:1

said by Babbred:

We're here in north Dallas, and we haven't had service since Monday night. I have a technical question. Our TV screen shows solid blue, the AT&T logo, and the message, "client initiation failure" with the option to "quit client". Is this a hardware or software glitch?

Just means the box cannot contact AT&T servers to verify that it is an authorized box. Once internet comes back, you can restart the box and it should be fine

AngryDallas

join:2010-12-06
Dallas, TX
reply to Babbred

Where in North Dallas are you?

I'm in far North Dallas near the Collin County/Dallas County line just below where Plano begins and my service came back on early Wednesday morning.