All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
jc10098
join:2002-04-10

jc10098 to saneblane

to saneblane

Re: Talk about not giving a Damn

How I miss Houston during the winter =(. I lived there for 2 years and boy was that a nicety not to have to deal with cold and snow.

I guess when selling the moon and the stars, you might want to tone down the marketing. Few ISPS truly sell unlimited these days so I do give them kudos.

However, Sky should have been upfront on capacity problems and resolved the issues as growth occurred.

Thus, it's a mixed bag. Does one jump ship and risk receiving caps or does one hang on and hope all improves?

workablob
join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX

workablob

said by jc10098:

How I miss Houston during the winter =(. I lived there for 2 years and boy was that a nicety not to have to deal with cold and snow.

I guess when selling the moon and the stars, you might want to tone down the marketing. Few ISPS truly sell unlimited these days so I do give them kudos.

However, Sky should have been upfront on capacity problems and resolved the issues as growth occurred.

Thus, it's a mixed bag. Does one jump ship and risk receiving caps or does one hang on and hope all improves?

Normally I would agree but 75 degrees for a high in Jan?

Yikes!

I do agree it is nice not to have to shovel the snow off of your car every morning.

I used to live in PA so I know what a pain that can be.

Dave
jc10098

jc10098

Trust me, I loved the 100 degree heat and the hot winters. I hated when the temperature would drop into the 30s a few days and then 2 days later be back at 75. I'd prefer it stay 60s and 70s in the winter and 80s and 90s in the summer! I had no problems what so ever with the heat.

Use to live up in Spring from 2008 to 2010 and we got nailed during Hurricane Ike. Now back up north and damn we are in the single digits. Not my weather!

workablob
Houston, TX

workablob

said by jc10098:

Trust me, I loved the 100 degree heat and the hot winters. I hated when the temperature would drop into the 30s a few days and then 2 days later be back at 75. I'd prefer it stay 60s and 70s in the winter and 80s and 90s in the summer! I had no problems what so ever with the heat.

Use to live up in Spring from 2008 to 2010 and we got nailed during Hurricane Ike. Now back up north and damn we are in the single digits. Not my weather!

LOL, I'm in Spring now.

Dave
jc10098

1 edit

jc10098

said by workablob:

LOL, I'm in Spring now.

Dave

Small world. Use to live in Emerald Cove off of Kuykendahl Rd back then. Those apartment really started taking a plummet before I left. LOL the day I moved out, there was an armed robbery and the guy resisted, so they took a pot shot at him.

Overall though, Spring wasn't a bad area. You're super close to the Movie Tavern (MISS IT BADLY) off of Tomball Parkway. Food and a movie for cheap!

workablob
Houston, TX

workablob

said by jc10098:

said by workablob:

LOL, I'm in Spring now.

Dave

Small world. Use to live in Emerald Cove off of Kuykendahl Rd back then. Those apartment really started taking a plummet before I left. LOL the day I moved out, there was an armed robbery and the guy resisted, so they took a pot shot at him.

Overall though, Spring wasn't a bad area. You're super close to the Movie Tavern (MISS IT BADLY) off of Tomball Parkway. Food and a movie for cheap!

That is less than a mile from where we live in Ponderosa Forest.

I can literally walk there without breaking a sweat.

Been here since 2000.

It's a small world indeed although I wouldn't want to have to mow it.

Dave
jc10098

jc10098

said by workablob:

Been here since 2000.

Dave

Small world indeed. I guess you remember Hurricane Ike Hitting Spring, too. The big tree down on Kuykendahl Rd. The huge Lamp Post sitting toppled on Kuykendahl and Louetta near the Krogers. That one guy on the billboard missing his arm for ages LOL. First Hurricane I'd seen. I laughed about Houston panicking when it was 34 and "flurries", though you had me beat on the Hurricane part.

As I said, I loved the summers and winters. Moved away back to Ohio (originally from) in 2010 and now I get to enjoy the chilly temps. Everyone thinks I'm nuts here when I keep my heat cranked to 77.

Last time I was down in Houston was this past summer. Funny enough, this visit I went to the mall with the skating rink. Forgetting name right now. I'd never been there before even when I lived in Houston.

workablob
Houston, TX

workablob

said by jc10098:

said by workablob:

Been here since 2000.

Dave

Small world indeed. I guess you remember Hurricane Ike Hitting Spring, too. The big tree down on Kuykendahl Rd. The huge Lamp Post sitting toppled on Kuykendahl and Louetta near the Krogers. That one guy on the billboard missing his arm for ages LOL. First Hurricane I'd seen. I laughed about Houston panicking when it was 34 and "flurries", though you had me beat on the Hurricane part.

As I said, I loved the summers and winters. Moved away back to Ohio (originally from) in 2010 and now I get to enjoy the chilly temps. Everyone thinks I'm nuts here when I keep my heat cranked to 77.

Last time I was down in Houston was this past summer. Funny enough, this visit I went to the mall with the skating rink. Forgetting name right now. I'd never been there before even when I lived in Houston.

Ike was no fun at all. A Week without power. Branches punched holes in my mom's mobile home. Bleh.

That Mall might be the Galleria. That's the only place I have skated here and it was back in the '70s before I moved back to Pgh.

Dave
jc10098

jc10098

Yep, the Galleria is correct. The named escaped me for some reason. I'd never been, even in the 2 years I lived in Spring. Not sure why to be honest. I just always hung around Willowbrook Movie Tavern / Spring. There use to be a sweet arcade in Spring too. I believe it was on FM 1960 if I recall. All you could eat pizza and games for 10 dollars. My brother and I lived there and would go quite a bit before it shut down. I moved away from Houston while he's still there.

Made it out to NASA once, Museum Downtown, that Japanese Garden Downtown, and some other stuff here and there. Also Old Towne Spring as well.

Oddly enough, I've probably explored more of the U.S. than I did Houston itself LOL.

None the less, I do miss the weather the most. 3 Inches of snow today and single teens. Fun times.

Funny enough, Emerald Cove went in 3 stages. Front half never lost power or hot water. My half lost power a day or 2. However, no hot water for a month! The back of the apartments were without power a month and their grid controlled the hot water heater for the middle and back. Taking cold showers for a month was NO FUN!!!!

A friend lived in the section affected by the 30 days of no power. Had I been there, I'd of either gotten a generator or gone back home for a month up North..

All I can say is Spring got nailed and nailed good during Ike. Branches everywhere created a headache. A tree fell through a car where I lived.