Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
Well, since you do seem to have the MS TCPIP6 protocol installed and enabled, I have no definite explanation for why you are not at least seeing a link local [fe00::xx:xx:xx:xx] IPv6 address for that NIC. I don't think that you have a chance for getting IPv6 connectivity until you get that resolved.

You might start by looking at the Symantec firewall setup (look for something related to ICMPv6, since that might block even setting up basic IPv6 for the NIC). If you don't find anything in the Symantec firewall that is blocking IPv6, then uninstalling the MS TCPIP6 protocol stack, rebooting, and then reinstalling it would be the next step.
--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.

NetDog
Premium,VIP
join:2002-03-04
Parker, CO
kudos:80
said by NetFixer:

Well, since you do seem to have the MS TCPIP6 protocol installed and enabled, I have no definite explanation for why you are not at least seeing a link local [fe00::xx:xx:xx:xx] IPv6 address for that NIC. I don't think that you have a chance for getting IPv6 connectivity until you get that resolved.

I would agree with this.. You need to see the FE80 before IPv6 will work, it is how all the starting traffic works..

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::708a:eeee:5566:1234%12

Maybe uninstall the stack and reinstall it, what OS was this on?

jkj860
The Final Frontier

join:2002-01-10
Valparaiso, IN
reply to NetFixer
Ok i will give that a try.
Edit. Vista OS