spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Freakx45
join:2001-09-01
Everywhere

Freakx45

Clear Service in NYC

I am looking at getting Clear Home internet in NYC due to the complex installation of cabling in order to get any other internet service in my apartment (Live in an old apartment). I am wondering how the service is in NYC and is it reliable enough for home internet.

Thanks

JimThePCGuy
Formerly known as schja01.
MVM
join:2000-04-27
Morton Grove, IL

JimThePCGuy

MVM

Hard to predict.
Depends on how close you are to a tower or towers and how heavily loaded they are.
Just make sure you have return privileges on any hardware you purchase.

wimaxspot360
join:2013-01-25
Batavia, IL

wimaxspot360 to Freakx45

to Freakx45
Clear is pretty good in NYC depending on location, make sure you have a line of sight or place your modem in the best line of sight possible towards the clear tower. I have several customers in Far Rockaway with very good service.

Nino Riff

cxbrix
@clearwire-wmx.net

cxbrix

Anon

Surprised to hear someone say they have good service with Clear. Been nothing but a headache for me. Recently I get decent download speeds (around 6Mbps) from the time I wake up until noon. Around noon the DL speed drops to about .25Mbs and stays that way until I crash for the night around 1am. I have called support numerous times and they have basically told be it is because of cogestion on the towers and nothing can be done about it. I am located on the border of Bushwick and Williamsburg in BK, with a tower just a couple blocks away.

Curious what parts of the city people are getting good service.
cramer
Premium Member
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC

cramer

Premium Member

I have good service, too. When I'm standing in the right places.
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

patt2k to Freakx45

to Freakx45
Hey there let me tell you a little.

I live in Queens nyc was getting for my GF's parent's clear they live in downtown brooklyn and their only option is 1.5 mbps dsl for like 55$ or more a month from Verizon which is not worth , me myself I have Fios at home however when I ordered clear for them it came to my house , speeds tests at my house were around 1.5 mbps to 3 sometimes 4 mbps , at their house it's between 5-12-15 mbps so it really depends,they say if weather is really bad sometimes internet is extremely slow.

Hope that helps.