uniqs
share rss forum feed

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2
reply to Keano

Re: FSC Unavailable

With the exception of two posts in that multi-page thread, it is about audio issues, not that the channel is completely unavailable..

Hosehead

join:2005-01-26
Camp Hill, PA

It's not a wiring issue.
--
Wormleysburg, PA

kes601

Virginia Beach, VA

said by Hosehead:

It's not a wiring issue.

Did you actually attempt to disconnect and reconnect the cable? You'd be surprised how many times this can fix it. I had issues with a couple channels (same QAM) certain times of days. Turns out the coax in the attic was too tightly wound, I loosened it up, got rid of any crimps and it has been fine for over a year.

Keano

join:2012-03-14
South Grafton, MA
reply to kes601

Audio issues, picture issues, complete loss of video issues...and on and on...

kes601

Virginia Beach, VA
reply to Hosehead

Next time it's not working, see if you can tune to FUSE HD. They share the same QAM.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
reply to Hosehead

said by Hosehead:

It's not a wiring issue.

You're sure about that? Often a badly seated or corroded connector/splitter will cause an unacceptably reduced signal on one or more QAM channels (but not all) that impacts only a few channels. This is a matter of physics and the varying wavelengths of different QAM channels involved. I've read about problems like yours on another forum. For some reason the QAM channel and its frequency used by FSC seems to be impacted a lot.

kes601

Virginia Beach, VA

Skimming through the thread that was referred to in this message indicated that the FSC HD QAM is the very lowest (69Mhz) that is used, which makes it highly susceptible to signal problems.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

said by kes601:

Skimming through the thread that was referred to in this message indicated that the FSC HD QAM is the very lowest (69Mhz) that is used, which makes it highly susceptible to signal problems.

Thanks for adding this information. I thought it was the case but was not sure.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:14
reply to Keano

Easy test - FSC channel 584 and Fuse channel 716 are on the same QAM at 69MHz. When you lose FSC 584, tune to 716 to see if Fuse is also out. If Fuse is also out, you have an RF ingress/interference issue at 69MHz....

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
kudos:1

Along these same lines, what others channels share ESPN/570? I can't get 570 on several boxes and suspect wiring/signal problems.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:14

570 rides the same QAM as ESPN2 HD 574.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
kudos:1

said by nycdave:

570 rides the same QAM as ESPN2 HD 574.

Thanks. Have problem on both. Off to check my connections.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo