All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
armed
join:2000-10-20

armed

Can't open winegard.com web page

I don't know if its me or the site but I can't get winegard.com (they make antennas) to open. I get the message "Internet Explorer Cannot Display the Webpage"

When I run the "Diagnose Connection Problem" its says my modem isn't working but I'm on the net and seeing all the other site I go to.

Running win7 and IE9.

I also went to a site that checks if websites are down and it says its the site is working.

Anyone else have a problem going there?

Thanks

coldmoon
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
Fulton, NY

1 recommendation

coldmoon

Premium Member

Works here - try flushing your DNS and then restart your computer and see if that clears the problem.

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire

1 recommendation

Cudni to armed

MVM

to armed
and if that fails, restart the modem/router

Cudni
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to armed

to armed

Thats a nice looking site,i like thier basic design!!

Try the direct IP and see if you can then get there my friend

Good luck!

CCat
We're all quite mad here
MVM
join:2005-12-06
Wonderland

CCat to armed

MVM

to armed

Re: Can't open winegard.com web page

Works with Fx 18

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

Dustyn to armed

Premium Member

to armed
Click for full size
Windows 7 - IE9
armed

armed to Cudni

to Cudni
Well crap LOL

Flushed the dns and restarted the computer and it didn't fix it. I then tried to reboot the modem and still no joy.

I am using a laptop and connecting to the Internet via Verizon Wireless using a Jetpack Mifi modem/wireless router.

Not sure if turning the modem off and on is considered rebooting the modem.The MS diagnosis suggests that if its a battery run modem/router (as this is) to then reset it. I'm a little afraid to do that right now until I can read up on what resetting does to my Verizon Wireless setup.

I did wonder if it was a Verizon issue so I tried the site on my Verizon cell phone and I was able to connect. So that might suggest it a modem/router issue.

Anyway thanks to everyone and if you have other thoughts I would be happy to hear them.

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k

Premium Member

Did the direct IP work?
armed

armed

I forgot to mention that. The direct IP didn't work (either before or after the dsn flush and turning the modem off and on.)

I have turned the unit off and taken out the battery and the SIM card and still no joy.

Maybe its some security setting that is blocking the site? I'm running MS security essentials which hasn't been a problem in the past. But maybe some browser setting could be blocking the site?
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude

to armed

quote:
Anyway thanks to everyone and if you have other thoughts I would be happy to hear them.
Im sorry we couldnt help ya buddy..... Did ya look in your host file to see IF there might be something in there blocking things??

Ya might also wanna try pinging the IP and see if it responds

Press WINKEY+R and enter CMD and then type
ping http://www.winegard.com @ the prompt and see if it says REQUEST TIMED OUT all 4 times or gives you a response time..

Good luck

hydra001
join:2012-12-29

hydra001 to armed

to armed

I had a virus that prevented me to surf certain websites, you can try and use a proxy to see if you can bypass and narrow it down whatever you computer or isp is blocking that site.
Zach
Premium Member
join:2006-11-26
Llano, CA

Zach to armed

Premium Member

to armed
I too use a VZW MiFi and have had the same problems with different sites. The problems clear up as mysteriously as they begin. For a week, I couldn't access my bank's website which prompted some troubleshooting. I found that if I locked the MiFi down to only allow connection via 1X my browser would connect to the problematic sites. Connecting to EVDO or LTE (just turned on out here in the boondocks last week ) gives me a 10.xxx.xxx.xxx IP and 1X gives me a public IP. There must be a hiccup in the CGN or proxy.
armed

armed to 19579823

to 19579823

Re:  

Dude111,
Tried the ping and it said "Ping request could not find host »www.winegard.com"

I will check on how to look at the host file and see if I have something going on there.

Zach58, I will try the 1x lock and see what happens.

Hydra001, I will look into how to use a proxy and see what that gives me.

Again thanks to everyone trying to help me out!
armed

armed to Zach

to Zach

Zach 58, BINGO! Setting the Jetpack to 1x allowed me into the winegard site.

So I will research my winegard problem and then see if there's a solution to the Jetpack 4g/winegard.com site problem. :-(

So thanks for the pointer.

beck
MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road

beck to armed

MVM

to armed
I'm using a Millenicom mifi over Verizon and I can't get to the site either. I used to be able to get to it before the mifi. Over my Droid on Verizon I can get to it.

urrgggg!
Zach
Premium Member
join:2006-11-26
Llano, CA

Zach to armed

Premium Member

to armed
Glad to hear it worked for you. When I had the problem with my banking site, it was sure slow but, at least I could pay bills and manage accounts.

Oddly enough, winegard.com works fine for me on both EVDO and LTE.
armed

armed to beck

to beck
I use Millenicom too. I am going over to that forum and see what the people over there think. They have some good techs there ... maybe they know what the problem is with the Jetpack.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude

to armed

Im glad ya go it working my friend
armed

armed

Thanks for the good thoughts Dude111.

For others who are using Verizon Mifi I posted this issue in DSL's Millenicomm forum and got a response from stevewm who says:

"There is a ongoing thread on Verizon's own web forums where many others are running into this issue.
»community.verizonwireles ··· e/918320

No one seems to know exactly where the problem lies. Its likely some routing issues in Verizon's own network... People with other 4G devices have chimed in similar issues."

I checked out the link and there is a 14 page discussion on this exact problem.

So thanks to stevewm and to everyone here who has pitched in to help me resolve (well not resolve but at least understand) the problem!