Search similar:

uniqs
stoomac
join:2013-01-24
Dallas, TX

4 edits

stoomac

[TWC] TW Signature Home - Dallas - Blog Post

First time poster here but have read much - I'm in the process of switching to Signature Home from basic TW bundle and thought I would log my experience.

Some backstory; I've had TW since I bought the house 2 years ago, running basic cable with HD, Internet (Turbo 20mb) and phone. No FIOS in my area and the ATT Uverse guys are perpetually parked on my street fixing neighbors services - they are not much loved.

I've had ongoing issues with the UBee modem provided, but it got to where everyone in my house (3 kids and wife) know how to reset it and became almost like getting the newspaper. Phone and Internet drop out (TV still working), phone drops out but internet works etc. After numerous calls to TW who saw nothing on their end we've just kind of lived with it. Decided to try Signature Home based on some positive reviews and the fact we now have 3 kids with ipads, 3 tvs and stream lots.

Order - Ordered on Sunday Jan 21 online - 3 DVR Whole home, Ultimate Internet (50M) and Home Phone - Scheduled a Jan 23 Appointment.

Confirmation - This became quite silly, 24 hours after order I received an email indicating no slots on the 23rd, was booked for 1-2PM on the 24th - worked for me. Then began the onslaught of 1-800 automated dialer calls asking me to confirm my appointment, which I did, many times. At one point I zeroed out to an operator which as an option, she had no idea why I was talking to her - confirmed that I was setup for the appt and that was that. Continued to get calls until the 23rd - crazy, but at least its now stopped.

Installation - Installer showed up right on time 1:00 but only thought he was there to install internet - had no idea about the DVRs or anything else. Didn't have the modem required to install the Internet - He'll be back (Strike 1)

So much for white glove service - I will update the post if and when he gets back - I'm really hoping this is just a stumble to much better service.

UPDATE 1 - After an hour of waiting I called TW. They promised to pass me on to a Personal Service Advisor but promptly disconnected me instead - Joy.

UPDATE 2 - Installed arrived with required equipment but is not prepared to install any jacks which would make it difficult to plug the cable boxes in (WTF?) After some discussion he agrees that he probably needs to install jacks and begins to walk around the attic.

UPDATE 3 - While guy is in the attic TW calls me back and confirms this isn't a Signature Home tech in my house, they've scheduled a new installation January 27th at which time I'm to be wowed by the service provided. Installer in my attic agrees its probably best to wait for Sig Home guys and takes his toys and leaves.

Was hoping for a better outcome today - will update Sunday with (crosses fingers) better news I hope.

UPDATE 4 - The calls have started again from the 1-800 confirm your appointment number...just bizarre.

UPDATE 5 - Saturday now, install scheduled for tomorrow - still getting calls, interestingly enough received the following email from TWC this morning

Congratulations. Your service has been installed.

STUART,

Congratulations on your recent order.

If you have any questions concerning your service please call us at 866-892-7323. Be sure to have your order confirmation number (035XXXX38) ready when you call.

Thank you for choosing Time Warner Cable.

It's comical to the point that I have to laugh now

LAST UPDATE - All right I have to give credit where it's due, install happened today. Two TW techs showed up 15 minutes EARLY - pretty impressed. They walked through the entire house, attic, outside of the house and determined with me the best way at install the two additional jacks needed. Everything was done quickly and cleanly, great techs. I have Whole Home DVR with three boxes , home phone and the recently released Ultimate 75 internet.

Prior to this install my internet was speed testing at between 19-21 off an airport wireless AP bridged into the Ubee. As of the new install I'm speed testing at 55-60 so not quite 75. This is subjective of course - my results are from speedtest.net , whereas when I use TWs speedtest.texas.rr.com I'm showing almost 77 regularly. All in all it's pretty damn fast either way now. I've got the Ubee DOCSIS 3 modem now for both internet and phone.

So all in all it was a bumpy install at the start but at this point I've very happy with the install and the service, I'll provide an update after a 30 day test of the service.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

"While guy is in the attic TW calls me back and confirms this isn't a Signature Home tech in my house, they've scheduled a new installation February 27th at which time I'm to be wowed by the service provided."

Did you mean Jan 27th?

Hob
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym to stoomac

Premium Member

to stoomac
Good luck!

I got Signature Home in August of 2010. Dropped it in October of 2010.

Sad to hear they've not done much about their "white glove service".
stoomac
Dallas, TX

stoomac to hobgoblin

to hobgoblin
Yep , your right, Jan 27th thanks for the catch!
BJR
join:2012-10-04
Dallas, TX

BJR to stoomac

to stoomac
That is odd since you are in Dallas and my Signature Home experience has been great. I signed up for Signature Home a little over a year ago. They came in exactly when I requested, removed my old DVR and STB's, dropped in the new ones (2xDVD and 2xSTB), made a phone call to get my modem provisioned to the new speeds (from 30/5 to 50/5), showed me the new DVR tools, and left.

I rarely have to call them for issues but the service is always top notch and knowledgeable when I do call.

I hope your next visit by a real Signature Home tech goes smoothly.
stoomac
Dallas, TX

stoomac

Thanks BJR - hopefully they've got it right , have chatted with two PSAs since last post - they still can't figure out why the autodialer keeps calling me (4 calls in the last 15 minutes) to confirm the appointment, but it appears they have everything straight for the install.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to BJR

to BJR
said by BJR:

That is odd since you are in Dallas and my Signature Home experience has been great. I signed up for Signature Home a little over a year ago. They came in exactly when I requested, removed my old DVR and STB's, dropped in the new ones (2xDVD and 2xSTB), made a phone call to get my modem provisioned to the new speeds (from 30/5 to 50/5), showed me the new DVR tools, and left.

I rarely have to call them for issues but the service is always top notch and knowledgeable when I do call.

I hope your next visit by a real Signature Home tech goes smoothly.

and now TWC is bundling 75Mbps down 5 up with signature home which seems to be a good deal.
stoomac
Dallas, TX

stoomac

Yes, interestingly enough the U75 service was not mentioned at all when I went through the ordering process, was expecting 50/5, however on the TW My Services section it's listed as Ultimate 75 Upgrade. I'm not complaining - tested using the DSL Reports test tools I'm getting 68ish speeds.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by stoomac:

Yes, interestingly enough the U75 service was not mentioned at all when I went through the ordering process, was expecting 50/5, however on the TW My Services section it's listed as Ultimate 75 Upgrade. I'm not complaining - tested using the DSL Reports test tools I'm getting 68ish speeds.

ultimate 75 is testing currently in the Dallas area before a possible national rollout once TWC gets more downstream channels configured for the internet services going from 4 to 8 in most areas eventually.