share rss forum feed

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to Octavean

Re: After much deliberation, this is what I've decided

What do you think about the 27" monitors at 1080p? They still look pretty nice while gaming?

I'm eye balling some 27" 120hz monitors also, like the Samsungs. I'm not 100% stuck on getting the Benq.

Choosing a monitor has got to be about the most nerve racking selection out of any other hardware. Reading reviews on these things are so damn opinionated.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1

1 edit
said by Ghastlyone:

What do you think about the 27" monitors at 1080p? They still look pretty nice while gaming?

I'm eye balling some 27" 120hz monitors also, like the Samsungs. I'm not 100% stuck on getting the Benq.

Choosing a monitor has got to be about the most nerve racking selection out of any other hardware. Reading reviews on these things are so damn opinionated.

I think some people can get very militant and belligerent about their objection of 1920x1080 on 27” monitors. Honestly I’m not even sure if half these people have even tried one. I think the argument stems from a desire for cheap (name brand) 27” 2560x1440 / 30” 2560x1600 monitors as a standard more so then anything else.

1920x1080 is fine IMO and 27” monitors are starting to hit ~$200 and possibly less. This would then be within the budget category and I don’t see the point in complaining about such attributes of budget monitors.

said by McBrain:

Auria was my first choice because it was sold by a reputable US corporation: Microcenter. Up until now, every sale I have see of it was in store pick up, which was a no go for me.

I went for in-store pickup for my first Auria EQ276W monitor. There was something like ~$16 NJ sales tax going that route. For my second Auria EQ276W I ordered it and had it delivered because it was during the gas crisis and I didn’t feel like waiting on long gas lines so at that time I simply opted not to use my car unless it was 100% necessary.

So Microcenter does ship the Auria EQ276W. They may not ship it everywhere but its worth looking into if you are interested.

Still, since you’ll be out of the USA it might be better to pick up something more or less local to Okinawa if for no other reason then local technical support,....if you'll be staying there for a year or so,...

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
I'll be in Okinawa the middle of February. The 1440p would come from the best seller I could find on ebay.