Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to clone

Re: I enjoy sports...

said by clone:

As do most "average joe" pay TV subscribers. The people who post on these forums that have no interest in sports are the minority, and that's why sports networks are always included in basic cable.

I have no problem with the providers charging you guys less for packages without sports, but charging ME more for something I've always received isn't progress, it's a rate hike.

I also enjoy sports so I should pay for it, why should my neighbors and my daughter pay for it. It should be in a separate tier for sports. If it sports then it goes into the sports trier no if or buts about it. If you do not want to extra then do not get it.
--
Caddy

clone

join:2000-12-11
Portage, IN
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
I understand now. Tiered TV, good. Tiered internet, bad.

What if I said (which I don't believe) that people who want to use Netflix or YouTube or Facebook should be in separate tiers since their usage makes up the bulk of the cost of transport. Everyone on here would scream bloody murder.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast
This isn't about transport cost (one HD channel costs about the same as another to broadcast) it's about the content cost.
Sports are among the most expensive shows to produce (due to stadiums fees, player salaries, and team owners long term development investments.
the internet equivalent would have you paying your current ISP fees plus bandwidth (if above current usage) and a huge annual subscription fee to the league website, the total would likely be much more than the broadcast/sports channel model, but you might be able to get very customized "MY Team" content.