subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to NotTheMama

Re: Some issues now?

said by NotTheMama:

every IM that was 'kept' has been deleted ?

I haven't found that to be true.
--
my pants are parched and thirsty

state
stress magnet
Premium,Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory
kudos:6
Mine are intact as well.

NotTheMama
What Would Earl Do?

join:2012-12-06
reply to fatness
I had at least 2, maybe 3, that were 'kept'. They were there a week or three ago, and they're not there now. That doesn't in itself mean that this problem was the cause, but that does make the problem suspect as far as I'm concerned. They were 'system' IMs if that matters. Will system IMs disappear on their own within a short amount of time?
--
"...but ya doesn't hasta call me Johnson!"

state
stress magnet
Premium,Mod
Purgatory
They shouldn't. I have system messages going back to 2003.

edit: This link should pull up all the system messages you've received: »/instant/0

NotTheMama
What Would Earl Do?

1 edit
The link shows 2--one from today and one from last month, which leaves 3 that I know of as "missing" (and, no, I don't delete stuff--wouldn't bother to).

Edit: Since yesterday, one of the two--the older one--has disappeared. Seems like an ongoing problem.
--

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
said by NotTheMama:

I had at least 2, maybe 3, that were 'kept'.

said by NotTheMama:

The link show 2--one from today and one from last month, which leaves 3 that I know of as "missing" (and, no, I don't delete stuff--wouldn't bother to).

2 or 3 were kept, you found 2. So either none are missing or 1 is?

I still have all my kept IM's, 54 pages of them, dating back 514w3d.
--
my pants are parched and thirsty

state
stress magnet
Premium,Mod
Purgatory
reply to NotTheMama
said by NotTheMama:

The link show 2--one from today and one from last month, which leaves 3 that I know of as "missing" (and, no, I don't delete stuff--wouldn't bother to).

Of the three missing messages, were they from yesterday or further back?

NotTheMama
What Would Earl Do?

I kept the first one I got on day one (12/6) (related to this: »Typo in theme's code ). I kept the second I received 10 days later (when I went from level 0 to level 1--"thanks for visiting regularly..."), and I think--not completely sure--I also kept the one from somewhere around going to level 2 ("give us a review..."). I had 6 (plus or minus 1) system messages before today.
--

state
stress magnet
Premium,Mod
Purgatory
The only thing I can think of is that the "event triggered messages" (which must link to profile data, that was subsequently reset) would basically be pulled back. The review messages for example get triggered when a certain event occurs, and then again as a regular reminder once you've reviewed a company.

I just got a message moments ago asking me to update the companies I've reviewed, so the system may be playing catch-up.