share rss forum feed

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to Woody79_00

Re: [WIN8] Reminder Windows 8 Users who miss start

None of the buttons work on that site. I can't read the FAQ, or download it, or see how much it costs. This is on Fx 10.0.12 ESR.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Woody79_00
I run Linux am I still a PC?
Premium
join:2004-07-08
united state

strange...it works fine here on Firefox and IE10.

I guess try the site in IE10.

If your a big fan of the Start menu though, then this one is it because it is the real Microsoft Start Menu...I guess MS left behind the Start Menu in the Windows code and this guy has re-enabled it, and I guess anything short of major changes to windows(a new Windows version) would be required to remove it, since jump lists and various other functions rely on it, removing it completely would cause them serious compatibility issues. MS just hide the native win 7 start menu, and this one brings it back in all its glory.

If you get the site to work, I hope you give it a shot because if you liked the windows 7 Start Menu, then your already at home with this...because its the real deal MS start menu, just re-enabled

Woody79_00
I run Linux am I still a PC?
Premium
join:2004-07-08
united state

Just a general reply but

I got around to trying all the start menu replacements for win 8 because we are going to upgrade a few at work this year. My boss pretty much said a Start Menu is a must and even though we will be putting Win 7 on some of them, the boss still wants some win 8 available.

Even though I really like StartIsBack, im really really liking the wide array of customization available in Classic Shell. Its just a fantastic little program...if I had known about it years ago I would have used it in place of the standard Microsoft Start menu..it has really impressed me.

however I will say, if you prefer the Microsoft start menu though, then StartIsBack on windows 8 is the way to go there, if you want more customization options, then you probably go with Classic shell. just my 2 cents.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to Woody79_00

said by Woody79_00:

strange...it works fine here on Firefox and IE10.

I guess try the site in IE10.

It was Proxo. I bypassed it and then it worked.

The author says this:

"A reboot is recommended after installation. Windows Defender is known to cause slowdowns and not recommended."

I'm using Windows Defender so I guess I better stay with Start8.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson