share rss forum feed

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
reply to bryanviper

Re: Weird York Furnace Issue & Bad Service

If you want to get nasty about it, report an unsafe installation to TSSA with the installer & company name.

You can also write York and tell them that you are going to write CSA telling them about an unsafe product.

Then see what happens.

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

said by MaynardKrebs:

If you want to get nasty about it, report an unsafe installation to TSSA with the installer & company name.

You can also write York and tell them that you are going to write CSA telling them about an unsafe product.

Then see what happens.

not a bad idea at all...while most things likely won't garner much attention, a home, with natural gas, and a potentially faulty furnace is little more than a fixed bomb...not that it is likely that would happen, but just the mention of faulty furnace and natural gas is certain to get a raised eyebrow.

at the very least, perhaps York will work with you...i have a York furnace too...i also have a buddy who does the maintenance for me (every 2 years)...i had something fail on it a couple of years ago (i think it was the exhaust blower fan or something like that)...the part was under warranty, but i had to pay for the labour (i think it was about $100).
--
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

- George Orwell

bryanviper

join:2002-10-12
Toronto, CAN
reply to MaynardKrebs

said by MaynardKrebs:

Then see what happens.

interesting I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks
--
»www.MaximumRepair.ca
Computer Repair/Upgrades In Toronto.