share rss forum feed

HarryH3
Premium
join:2005-02-21
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

Blech!

Ugh! Belkin is to electronics as Yugo is to transportation. This is sad news.

Still have a WRT-54G v2 in service here, but dumped the stock Linksys firmware years ago. It's currently running toastman Tomato and chugging along like a champ.

bshelly
Premium
join:2002-02-17
Conover, NC

I'm thinking about connecting back up my WRT54G v1.1 just to get some better 2.4 range in and outside my home. My WRT600n just doesn't seem to have the oomph!

I am admittedly a Linksys Router hoarder. Goodwill had a Linksys E2500 and WRT110 for $5 ea. Had to pick them up just to keep in my spare collection. I love a great deal.

meowmeow

join:2003-07-26
Helena, MT
reply to HarryH3

Yugo's weren't actually nearly that bad... Owners were failing to even get oil changes on the things since they were so cheap, they attracted buying who didn't put as much love into their investment. Even those who did failed to do more major work like timing belt changes - leading to engines destroyed that way. Also, the engine design required midgrade fuel (89 Octane min).

Fed the required fuel (slightly more expensive), and maintained properly, they were decent little cars if you kept your expectations reasonable.

marctronixx

join:2003-09-08
Los Angeles, CA

Yugo GV

I had a Yugo GV Paid $150000 USD It was my first car. no synchronous gearbox, but I added air and am/fm casette. I had it for 86,000 miles and i only had to replace the clutch and alternator as the major issues. always put in high test petrol.
lovely car.