Angrychair

join:2000-09-20
Jacksonville, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to JimThePCGuy

Re: A right?

said by JimThePCGuy:

Correct me if I'm wrong but for it to be a "right" it must fall under the "Bill of Rights" and it's amendments. The term "right" is WAY over used.
One doesn't have a "right" to drive an automobile, one has a privilege etc.

The Tenth Amendment makes it pretty clear.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Anything not prohibited is technically a right.

It's only been since we started getting right wing interpretations of governance that suddenly only things exhaustively enumerated in the constitution and its amendments are "rights".

R4M0N
Brazilian Soccer Ownz Joo

join:2000-10-04
Glen Allen, VA

said by Angrychair:

said by JimThePCGuy:

Correct me if I'm wrong but for it to be a "right" it must fall under the "Bill of Rights" and it's amendments. The term "right" is WAY over used.
One doesn't have a "right" to drive an automobile, one has a privilege etc.

The Tenth Amendment makes it pretty clear.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Anything not prohibited is technically a right.

It's only been since we started getting right wing interpretations of governance that suddenly only things exhaustively enumerated in the constitution and its amendments are "rights".

As opposed to left-wing interpretations of governance that suddenly even rights exhaustively enumerated are not really rights?

Angrychair

Jacksonville, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by R4M0N:

As opposed to left-wing interpretations of governance that suddenly even rights exhaustively enumerated are not really rights?

Like...?

R4M0N

Glen Allen, VA

said by Angrychair:

said by R4M0N:

Like...?

Just the question being asked already shows me on which side of the debate you fall on... We've already deviated from the topic far enough. I'll leave it at that.

Angrychair

Jacksonville, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by R4M0N:

said by Angrychair:

said by R4M0N:

Like...?

Just the question being asked already shows me on which side of the debate you fall on... We've already deviated from the topic far enough. I'll leave it at that.

That's a cute cop-out.

If you didn't have a point in the first place why bother replying?

R4M0N

Glen Allen, VA

I see... You wanted a sucker to fall for your trolling on a tech website and I fell for it hook, line and sinker.