uniqs
share rss forum feed

jjoshua
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Scotch Plains, NJ
kudos:3

Disclosure is all they need

CBS is worried that CNET can't objectively review something because litigation is taking place?

CNET just needs to disclose this to the reader and they can make up their own mind.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

said by jjoshua:

CBS is worried that CNET can't objectively review something because litigation is taking place?

CNET just needs to disclose this to the reader and they can make up their own mind.

I disagree. The lawyers for those that CBS is suing would use the fact that a CBS subsidiary has supported them as a point in a civil lawsuit proceeding. And I evidently have much less confidence that a jury or even a judge would be impartial and not take those facts in to account.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

amenite
The Soylent - It's People
Premium
join:2002-11-21
Ridgewood, NJ

said by FFH:

I disagree. The lawyers for those that CBS is suing would use the fact that a CBS subsidiary has supported them as a point in a civil lawsuit proceeding.

If that argument had been made prior to HopperGate, other things being equal it would have been easily refuted to judge, jury and public. As it stands now CBS has poisoned that well. Since everyone now knows that CBS management is actively involved in editorial actions, dictating terms to CNET and so forth, there is no counter to the argument. Congratulations CBS, done and done!
--
Time is an abstract concept invented by carbon based life forms to monitor their constant decay.-Thunderclese