All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
S10driver35
join:2009-09-29
New Castle, DE

S10driver35 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt

Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers in Philly!

said by SeattleMatt:

Gate-
Glad you had better luck than me.

Got the DVR installed - working awesome. I LOVE THE GUIDE.

Problem: He also brought 2 X1 HD boxes to replace my existing ones (wasn't even told this would be happening).

After over an hour of trying - couldn't get the boxes past "Step 6" of loading. Was on the phone with dispatch, etc - told me to call him if it didn't come up in 30 minutes. Had to go out - come back 2 hours later. Still nothing. Left a message for the tech on his cell phone (he left me his #) - this was 3 hours ago. No call back.

So, called the national 877 # - they couldn't get anything to work - can't even get a hit through to the 2 HD boxes. All they could do is make me another appointment for Monday. I know there has to be someone in Tier 2 or 3 that could get this to work - but my patience is thin today.

So, now 2 of the 3 TV's in my house have no television. My partner is going to kill me. Every god damn time I try to do something - Comcast, FIOS, whoever - something back fires on me.

So - this has definitely taken the fun off the whole situation.

Jeep, my tech had the exact same problem this morning! He brought an X1 DVR to replace the boxes and setup with it ran smoothly. He also brought 2 HD boxes to replace the ones I currently had in my brother's room and in the living room. He had problems trying to install both HD boxes (couldn't get past step 6 of loading). He called Tech support to no avail, even went back to the shop to get 2 different HD boxes and nothing. I believe he then called customer service and apparently something went wrong with how my upgrade was input into their system when I placed my order. The HD boxes weren't showing up on my account and my account was only authorized the one X1 DVR box.

The technician (derrick) and whoever he was talking to with customer service was able to get the 2 HD boxes placed onto my account and I was finally up and running. I felt bad for Derrick as he was here from 9:30 this morning til close to 3 this afternoon trying to get what should have been an easy upgrade and install done. But he always kept a very positive attitude and it was great to see him as my installer for this upgrade (he was also my tech for my original install back in March).

Weird thing is, my account always had 3 boxes. I just hope I don't see any surprises when the bill arrives.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

S10-
I found an old Tier 2 # I had lying around - they're still trying for me. Two guys were cool enough to help me. I love talking to those guys. They're intelligent!

Actually walked out in the snow while on the phone - apparently the tech put a filter on the line at the ground block - and they partly wonder if that's blocking the authorization signal from hitting the HD boxes (but it didn't hamper the DVR).

But, they're also trying some other routes. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.
S10driver35
New Castle, DE

S10driver35

Hope it works out for you, Jeep. You may be on to something with the filter. I do remember my tech removing the filter towards the end of my install shortly before my HD boxes finally started working,

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

S10-
National wasn't able to do anything last night. I've left a vm for my tech to see if he can swing by and remove the filter.

Definitely can't remove it myself.
S10driver35
New Castle, DE

S10driver35

Yeah once the tech swings removes the filter, they may want to call in to make sure those boxes are assigned to your account. Once the information is verified, they'll probably send a hit to the boxes to get them up and running before the technician places the filter back on. My tech yesterday said he's installed alot of X1's in my area and this was the first time he ran into this issue. Weird how we both had installs yesterday, are in the same service area and both of us had the same install problem with the HD boxes but the DVR install was fine.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

At this point, will probably have to wait until Monday.

Here's a tip for the techs on the board: If you leave a customers' house with equipment not working - don't leave me your cell # to call you in an hour for an update - and then ignore my calls. It's more f'ing insulting then just not even giving it to me.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

call 1-800 comcast and let them know you need a tech out to check on why your boxes aren't working. Explain the situation and hopefully they can send one out today or tomorrow.