Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

Dear Comcast,

Please train your phone reps about new products offerings, even if they are still in the test phase or not launched in the local market. I tried inquiring about the AnyPlay device and nobody knew anything about it. They were even unable to confirm or deny if it was launched yet. They even had the guts to give me the run around.

jkj860
The Final Frontier

join:2002-01-10
Valparaiso, IN

1 recommendation

said by IowaCowboy:

Please train your phone reps about new products offerings, even if they are still in the test phase or not launched in the local market. I tried inquiring about the AnyPlay device and nobody knew anything about it. They were even unable to confirm or deny if it was launched yet. They even had the guts to give me the run around.

Good luck with that! Your better off checking here to get the info you need. Much better information on this site from all of the users than you will get from a CSR unless you go to the Comcast Direct site here.
--
I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant. Nixon
Expand your moderator at work

hortnut
Huh?

join:2005-09-25
PNW
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to IowaCowboy

Re: Dear Comcast,

Here is the Website on it:

»info.xfinity.com/Portal/content/···dex.aspx

=====================================
All you need to enjoy AnyPlay is

Subscription to XFINITY TV and XFINITY Internet
AnyPlay from Comcast
Compatible Apple or Android tablet or smartphone
The XFINITY AnyPlay app, available as a free download
Wireless Router with an available Ethernet port

Getting started with AnyPlay is easy

Connect the AnyPlay device
Launch the XFINITY AnyPlay app on your tablet or smartphone
Choose a show from the guide and enjoy!

Ready to Purchase?
Our Agents are Available 24/7. Call 1-800-XFINITY.

AnyPlay currently not available in all areas.
===============================================
But then from the FAQ's
What is AnyPlay? AnyPlay allows you to watch all of your XFINITY® TV channels on your iPad® or Android™ tablet or smartphone anywhere around your house using your home WiFi network.
What do I need to have in order to get AnyPlay? Once AnyPlay is available in your market, you will need:

XFINITY Starter Video service or higher AND XFINITY Performance Internet service or higher
AnyPlay from Comcast
Compatible Apple or Android tablet or smartphone
The XFINITY AnyPlay app, available as a free download
Wireless router or wireless gateway with an available Ethernet port
Valid Comcast email address or Comcast User ID

What does AnyPlay cost? AnyPlay is available to qualified Comcast customers for $10.00 per month. A shipping and handling fee may apply for an AnyPlay self-installation kit. For professional in-home installation by a Comcast technician, additional charges may apply.
=================================================
On the Corporate Page:
AnyPlay is now widely available and is currently priced at $10 a month.
»corporate.comcast.com/comcast-vo···tablet-2
==================================================

Not surprised that not everyone at Comcast knows about it.

hth

CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium
join:2011-08-11
NYC
kudos:2
reply to IowaCowboy
I think you are going to find in the coming years that as CSR pay goes lower and lower, benefits taken away, filled with part-timers... the Reps' intelligence, motivation and training is also going to get worse. Eventually 'Customer Service' will consist of only the Company's web interface as the position of CSR is eliminated completely 'in order to remain competitive in today's business environment'.

djcrazy
Premium
join:2009-08-05
Minneapolis, MN
Reviews:
·Comcast
·T-Mobile US
reply to jkj860
I definitely second this! Phone reps are clueless and usually cannot do much for you without transferring to a supervisor. They just read scripts. I would MUCH rather come here at my leisure and get an answer, which is usually found just by searching and not having to start a thread.