how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

TheDuke

@verizon.net

getting FiOS in a newly built house

Hello,

I'm moving in to a newly built house. I'll probably be moving in about 3 months and I want to transfer my fios triple play. The house I'm moving in to is actually next to the one I live in now. When I put the address in to Verizon's website, it says the address can only get phone service. No DSL and no fios. Is there any reason why the website says I can't get fios when the location is inbetween 2 homes with fios?

Thank you

tito79

join:2010-03-14
Brewster, NY
kudos:1
Have you called order support and have it push through?

tito79

Brewster, NY
Is your fiber on the pole or underground?

fieroloki

join:2007-07-29
Van Alstyne, TX
reply to TheDuke
They can't find it cause it's a new house. No address in the system. Call and let them know and I think it's engineering that will have to add it to the system so it can then be installed.

TheDuke

@verizon.net
reply to tito79
said by tito79:

Is your fiber on the pole or underground?

Fiber in my area is on poles.

TheDuke

@verizon.net
reply to fieroloki
The address was in Verizon's system. However the website said the address only qualifies for phone service and nothing else. No DSL and no fios.

navyson

join:2011-07-15
Upper Marlboro, MD

2 edits
reply to TheDuke
Verizon's systems are very disjointed. They may have a separate database for FIOS(TV and internet) versus traditional telephone.

You may need to call and escalate the issue as the previous poster mentioned.

Imagine me, I have had FIOS TV/Internet for over 5 years and when I called them tonight(and gave them my account number from my bill) to activate Starz, they could not find me in the system as a customer and they told me they cannot do a search by address either.

Go figure.

batsona
Maryland

join:2004-04-17
Ellicott City, MD
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Verizon FiOS
Back when VZ only indexed people by their ph #, they could never find me, since I'm Vonage for voice. --I used to half-kid them on the phone.. "If you can't find me in your system, does that mean I can stop paying my bill?? ---You won't notice, right??"

marc3565

join:2009-10-08
reply to TheDuke
said by TheDuke :

The address was in Verizon's system. However the website said the address only qualifies for phone service and nothing else. No DSL and no fios.

When they installed FIOS to the neighborhood the engineers went through the database and flagged all the homes they have on record as FIOS enabled.. When your new house was built at some point someone added the address to their database but did not mark it as FIOS enabled.

Like has been said.. call and insist they escalate to engineering to verify. Refuse to hang up until they do. Start asking for their manager..
It is likely they will tell you that you will get a call when engineering is done but they often don't.. just check your address again in a week or two.

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY
reply to TheDuke
Register an account and post in the VZ direct forum

dick white
Premium
join:2000-03-24
Annandale, VA
reply to TheDuke
said by TheDuke :

When I put the address in to Verizon's website, it says the address can only get phone service.

I live across the street from a short cul-de-sac, so the house numbers on the other side of my street skip a few numbers. If I put one of the non-existent house numbers into the Verizon website, I can supposedly get phone service but no DSL or FIOS just like your experience. Their website would probably offer to install phone service on the moon if there were a street and zipcode, but if there is no address record in the database upon which to determine the type of cable and distance from the CO for DSL, it won't offer any other service.

dw

tito79

Brewster, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
I will make a year where i live now it took me 6 months to get fios because i kept calling every month when i did they said i was only availble for phone service or directv. so i finally got fed up and asked why does the house next door have fios and i dont so they opened up a ticket had the enginners do a survey and they called me back within a week with a order number and installation date.

smrtech

join:2009-09-21
Springfield, PA
I had this identical problem, but only took a month for me.
And any person you talk with on the phone insists that database is gospel when we know it is just inconsistent
and wrong about alot of locations.

When I told them my neighbor had FIOS and I couldn't get it,
they called me a liar and said "how far away is that guy?" -
just because you can see his house, doesn't me *you* can
get it. Very comical. If they'd just admit it and work with you,
stuff would get done quickly.

You may find your address listed differently, by township
instead of city (like mine was). That's how I got it installed,
even though that address would never get mail or a bill.
But they knew where to dig the fiber at with that!

wrxrxtn

join:2000-12-13
Seal Beach, CA
reply to TheDuke
I had the same issue, house next door to me was Fios capable but not my address. Turns out they had about 60 addresses that needed to be inputted into their database. Keep calling until you find someone who will open a ticket with engineering. Keep checking once a day too. Some of the CSR's will give you the runaround..