All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
S10driver35
join:2009-09-29
New Castle, DE

S10driver35 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt

Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers in Philly!

Hope it works out for you, Jeep. You may be on to something with the filter. I do remember my tech removing the filter towards the end of my install shortly before my HD boxes finally started working,

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

S10-
National wasn't able to do anything last night. I've left a vm for my tech to see if he can swing by and remove the filter.

Definitely can't remove it myself.
S10driver35
join:2009-09-29
New Castle, DE

S10driver35

Yeah once the tech swings removes the filter, they may want to call in to make sure those boxes are assigned to your account. Once the information is verified, they'll probably send a hit to the boxes to get them up and running before the technician places the filter back on. My tech yesterday said he's installed alot of X1's in my area and this was the first time he ran into this issue. Weird how we both had installs yesterday, are in the same service area and both of us had the same install problem with the HD boxes but the DVR install was fine.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

At this point, will probably have to wait until Monday.

Here's a tip for the techs on the board: If you leave a customers' house with equipment not working - don't leave me your cell # to call you in an hour for an update - and then ignore my calls. It's more f'ing insulting then just not even giving it to me.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

call 1-800 comcast and let them know you need a tech out to check on why your boxes aren't working. Explain the situation and hopefully they can send one out today or tomorrow.