Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rustydusty

join:2009-09-29
Red Deer, AB
reply to Slack

Re: [BC] Horrendous YouTube performance

Regardless, his "speed issues" could very well be on his side of the Shaw device, not a congestion or line issue. Simply bashing Shaw for slow speeds, I usually encourage people to switch to Telus to feel the real definition of slow speeds. Especially when you only qualify for a 6Mb profile

ravenchilde

join:2011-04-01
kudos:2

Yeah. That does suck.

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to rustydusty

Or 3... Which was all I qualified for last time last time I had Telus.

Switched default-gateways while tech support was remoted into my computer, and he asked me what I did to get such fast speeds, because downloading at 250 kb/s was perfectly acceptable and great speeds, switched to 25, and he was amazed the internet could be that fast...
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.

spock

join:2012-07-08
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to rustydusty

said by rustydusty:

Regardless, his "speed issues" could very well be on his side of the Shaw device, not a congestion or line issue. Simply bashing Shaw for slow speeds, I usually encourage people to switch to Telus to feel the real definition of slow speeds. Especially when you only qualify for a 6Mb profile

Don't know if that statement always holds true, rusty

Went to my brothers house the other day. He got telus gpon the other week, I was impressed. He had 50/10 I beleive. Not sure what the limit for Gpon is but he has no prime time slow down. They converted the whole town to fiber to the house. Kinda want to move to Comox. lol

Can't wait for it to hit my area.

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Shaw

1 edit

Fiber to the house, and all they can do is 50/10?

They are doing that with a DSL varient in some places...

rustydusty didn't say it would allways hold true, only that "could very well be on his side"

--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.