uniqs
share rss forum feed

opinionmine

join:2006-03-10

2 edits
reply to knarf829

Re: New TV Package: Select HD

I was writing personally.

CNBC, for one example, is indispensable to me.

But that's not the point. We watch maybe 10 cable channels in total but pay for hundreds we never watch. That's the way it is and everyone accepts that fact.

Here specifically Verizon is attempting to sell this package as a package without sports. Something that to me, at least, would be attractive. But, that's not what it is, it's a package without sports and so much more. Why take Comedy Central and financial networks out of that package unless your are engineering the package to seem attractive to non sport fans but in actuality make sure it becomes less attractive for other reasons.

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

said by opinionmine:

I was writing personally.

CNBC, for one example, is indispensable to me.

But that's not the point. We watch maybe 10 cable channels in total but pay for hundreds we never watch. That's the way it is and everyone accepts that fact.

Here specifically Verizon is attempting to sell this package as a package without sports. Something that to me, at least, would be attractive. But, that's not what it is, it's a package without sports and so much more. Why take Comedy Central and financial networks out of that package unless your are engineering the package to seem attractive to non sport fans but in actuality make sure it becomes less attractive for other reasons.

It's true though, this package is being promoted as if it just excludes the sports channels. There are several others missing. They should have made two new packages then.