spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to laserfan

Re: EXTREME freezing temperatures - What to worry about?

said by laserfan:

Cooking: OK. Primary Heating: Not OK. Small space or bedroom: NOT OKAY! Not designed as a home heating device: NOT OK! Pay attention, or risk one day waking-up dead!

And once again, just wish to point out. Heaters in trailers and mobile homes are propane all over Vermont and NY. Mine had one. But I closed up the summer place in November, didn't have this all winter long. But I have seen many with this over there all winter long. Just saying. No one died.

I also seem to recall visiting people there mid-Feb and there was a problem at times with propane with it was very very cold. Don't recall what it was now. Too long ago. Anyhow you can google propane heating and propane anything in the States.

Hey, who hijacked this topic and switch it to a topic about propane?

It's just odd to see over here unless you are in a summer only trailer park off a lake. In the States it's all over the place in residential homes. Kinda like Kerosene heaters. Never saw one here, but when I was in the states, lots of people had one running in their living rooms.

Differences...

laserfan

join:2005-01-14
Texas

said by hm :

And once again, just wish to point out. Heaters in trailers and mobile homes are propane all over Vermont and NY. Mine had one. But I closed up the summer place in November, didn't have this all winter long. But I have seen many with this over there all winter long. Just saying. No one died.

Well, I was talking about VENTLESS heaters. Properly vented propane heaters/furnaces are no problem at all. I wish I'd had such installed myself for whole-house heating, instead of relying on (noisy) heat pumps.