The Mongoose

join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Perma

Re: CNOC speed matching decision due next week

said by Perma:

How long will it take for the higher uploads to actually take affect? Will we have to subscribe to new packages or will the 28/1 be bumped up to say 28/3 or whatever?

Fair question, but this assumes CNOC is going to win which is by no means guaranteed. That being said, if they do win I would expect this to happen fairly quickly...thinking a few weeks, rather than a few months.

If the decision is that Rogers straight-up violated the speed-matching upgrade rules, then in theory everyone on 28/1 would automatically go to 35/3, and everyone on 18/1 to 25/2. If the decision is more complex and takes new tariff structures into account, no one can really know what the ordered remedy will be or how much it might cost.

hm

@videotron.ca

said by The Mongoose:

Fair question, but this assumes CNOC is going to win which is by no means guaranteed.

If it was bad news, then they would release the decision on a Friday, not a Monday.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5

said by hm :

said by The Mongoose:

Fair question, but this assumes CNOC is going to win which is by no means guaranteed.

If it was bad news, then they would release the decision on a Friday, not a Monday.

New CRTC so older status quo may not apply but generally you may be right. The only thing is I'm still not sure it will be 100% in favour of CNOC due to the phase out of non-aggregated service and the fact that TekSavvy (the largest Rogers wholesaler) is already in the process of transitioning.

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10

Also, JF made a point to me via email last night, that the CNOC decision may not be Monday.. Apparently the Primus decision is bigger than the CNOC one, so that may be the decision released at 2 on Monday.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

mlerner
Premium
Nepean, ON

Yeah, the Monday release was non-specific on which decision, typical CRTC but if that's a big decision they probably planned the release well in advance.

d4m1r

join:2011-08-25
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to The Mongoose

said by The Mongoose:

Fair question, but this assumes CNOC is going to win which is by no means guaranteed. That being said, if they do win I would expect this to happen fairly quickly...thinking a few weeks, rather than a few months.

I would hope it would be quicker than that...Start was able to do it in 30 days so I'd hope TSI is prepared and will be able to do the same if given the green light from the CRTC....I am actually glad I hung in there and am anticipating a positive outcome for TSI
--
www.613websites.com Budget Canadian Web Design and Hosting

mlerner
Premium
Nepean, ON

said by d4m1r:

said by The Mongoose:

I would hope it would be quicker than that...Start was able to do it in 30 days so I'd hope TSI is prepared and will be able to do the same if given the green light from the CRTC....I am actually glad I hung in there and am anticipating a positive outcome for TSI

It's not up to TekSavvy so much, Rogers has to apply new profiles for Tek's customers and they usually do it by area.