uniqs
share rss forum feed

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA

[Rant] WTF Comcast?...2 Price Hikes in 60 Day Time Frame

I find this hard to believe, but it's happening in my area, and probably other areas.

Back at the tail end of last year I got a notice of prices going up for some BS "so we can continue to give you the best service" crap, which would go into effect first day of January 2013. And sure enough it came on time.

Yesterday (1-25-2013) I get another notice (5 page pamphlet), telling me as of March 1, 2013, we are getting another price/rate hike.

I have two accounts with Comcast, so this is gonna add up a bit in my case.
They are just as bad if not worse than say for instance, Oil Company's.

You can bet I will be cutting back on services on both accts. real soon.
Total BS! Shame on you Comcast...you haven't done much of anything out in this area other than add channels in some language I cant even understand and phone, which at the moment sucks from what I hear from people I know throughout the County.

I think I feel a little better,
...end of rant...
--
Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry,
and all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be.

Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
With all the people lately dropping their service over things like this they have to charge more to those still insane enough to stay with them to make that back.
--
"I like to refer to myself as an Adult Film Efficienato." - Stuart Bondek

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium
Louisa, VA
said by Cthen:

With all the people lately dropping their service over things like this they have to charge more to those still insane enough to stay with them to make that back.

The same thought crossed my mind. And probably holds a lot of weight to it.
--

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to Robotics
I'm in Canada with Rogers, in October they reduced the bundled discounts from 15% to 12%...in January they had across the board price increase on ALL of their services.

Well..anyway..I called and managed them NOT to increase my price, and got a $10 discount per month in the process...
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5
reply to Robotics
Optimum Online is better than Com-craptastic. I use comcrap though. And soon my rates will go up. Call them and tell them you are moving to ATT or something, and want to cancel. See how far they take it before you get a retention person.

I did that 3 times with XM radio, third time they were going to give me the world, but I still canceled. They've been begging me to come back.

For me, it's worse, because I cannot keep a contract, because I don't know if I will have to move soon...
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium
Louisa, VA
said by signmeuptoo:

Optimum Online is better than Com-craptastic. I use comcrap though. And soon my rates will go up. Call them and tell them you are moving to ATT or something, and want to cancel. See how far they take it before you get a retention person.

I have a feeling they can find out if they are the only game in town.
But who knows, I may call.
--

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1
said by Robotics:

I have a feeling they can find out if they are the only game in town.
But who knows, I may call.

you know that.
--
* seek help if having trouble coping
--Standard disclaimers apply.--