Xander

join:2012-04-12
London, KY
Reviews:
·Windstream

Modem line stats

downloadModem stats.odt.zip 100,131 bytes
Hello community,

I have just recently acquainted with time Warner internet services.I currently set up with there 30Mbps DL and 5Mbps UL.
Tw has set me up with the Arris TG852 modem,I set this modem into bridge mode and using a Western Digital My Net N900 router.
I was curious about my line stats,Which i have posted a screen shot.
I had two splitters,one being a 5 way@ 1000mhz and the other being a two way @ 1000mhz.What i have done was removed the 5 way splitter and just used the two way splitter,One to the modem and the other to the cable box.By doing this i seen no change in the modem stats.This is my first time around cable services.
What i am trying to do is get the most optimal signal levels i can achieve.So is there anything else i can do to help improve these line stats?What do you fellow members think about my current line stats?

scififan68

join:2010-10-02
Fremont, NE

Your signal is within spec, which is -12 to 12dBmV, but your SNR is a bit low at 34/35dB and upstream power is great. I also don't see any codeword errors, what's the uptime on that modem and have you had it go up any?

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:10
reply to Xander

"What i am trying to do is get the most optimal signal levels i can achieve.So is there anything else i can do to help improve these line stats?What do you fellow members think about my current line stats?"

Do you have any issues? Signal levels are very dependent on the way the plant is set up, so what might not be good in Buffalo is different to what be optimal in London, KY.

Who knows what is optimal in your area?

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3
reply to Xander

said by Xander:

Hello community,

I have just recently acquainted with time Warner internet services.I currently set up with there 30Mbps DL and 5Mbps UL.
Tw has set me up with the Arris TG852 modem,I set this modem into bridge mode and using a Western Digital My Net N900 router.
I had two splitters,one being a 5 way@ 1000mhz and the other being a two way @ 1000mhz.What i have done was removed the 5 way splitter and just used the two way splitter,One to the modem and the other to the cable box.By doing this i seen no change in the modem stats.This is my first time around cable services.
What i am trying to do is get the most optimal signal levels i can achieve.So is there anything else i can do to help improve these line stats?What do you fellow members think about my current line stats?

The only thing that I am wondering about is are you missing some downstream channels? I noticed you are missing downstream 1,2,8 which makes me want to say that you do have noise as I can't see TWC using their channel space like that I have never seen channels spaced from 729MHZ to 765MHz without there being a downstream channel in the middle unless your system is an odd ball systems it looks like your system is 860MHz from having 777MHz used for an internet channel.

also you are missing upstreams 2 and 3.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3
reply to Xander

said by Xander:

Hello community,

xander I have sent you some private messages you should see them at the top of the page with a flashing mail sign.

Xander

London, KY

Yes,indeed i have replied.

Xander

London, KY
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to Xander

Alright i have had it with my set up.

Since the initial post i have noticed some noise hits.So i have done what most of us would have done,inspected the cabling and splitter.Well i found that the builder had used cheap connectors,it looked as if he took a pair of channel locks to crimp the connector ends onto the RG6 cable.So i went and borrowed a set a of crimps, cable splicer from a Friend and bought compression ends.I installed them at the wall plate,splitter and of coarse the main incoming line.It seems that it only made a small difference nothing really noticeable.
The cable box shuts down and reboots often and glitches can be seen also.So i check the cable boxes status after the shut down, i can see the SNR jump around 34,32,31 i have even seen 30.1.
I am supposed to have a body out here to take a peep at whats going on.I have only been with TWC roughly 2 weeks and i haven't seen there service work right since the install.

PHASE 2: After the install of the new compression crimp connectors,i was determined to find out where this noise was coming from.So i made sure the NID was grounded and it was.
The next step i took was shut breakers off one by one Stove,Dryer Water heater ETC. it made absolutely no difference.
So now at this time,i remove my router and repeat the above steps,again fail.

I am pretty much covered the bases.The only thing that i can really think of that is left to try is get a better grade of RG6/RG11 cable.Or run a dedicated line to the Modem and one to the T.V.
Jeeze this has been a irritating experience.