plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3
reply to dorkino

Re: Modem developing an affinity for 1 of 4 downstream channels

Click for full size
If I'm reading my status screen right, my modem, which is an Arris TM722G, appears to favor my first downstream channel (DCID #3).

For reference, my modem has an up-time of 20 d: 14 h: 00 m at the time the picture was taken.

Also noted that I do not have any "Correcteds" or "Uncorrectables" listed. From looking at other screen pictures, most people have numbers listed in both of these columns for at least one of their downstream channels. Am I to take it that having none at all is a very good thing?

--Brian

EG
The wings of love
Premium
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ
kudos:10
said by plencnerb:

Am I to take it that having none at all is a very good thing?

I'd say so unless the modem's measuring mechanism is defective. For the halibut, have you tried clicking on that "Reset FEC Counters" button ?

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3
Click for full size
said by EG:

said by plencnerb:

I'd say so unless the modem's measuring mechanism is defective. For the halibut, have you tried clicking on that "Reset FEC Counters" button ?

I have not done so.

And, I think Murphy's law is in play here. I re-loaded my modem's config screen to go ahead and click the link "Reset FEC Counters", and now I have non-zero values in the "Correcteds" column. I had to go and say something about it and then jinxed myself!

New pic is attached for reference. By the way, I did not click the Reset FEC Counters link yet. I'll wait and see how things go.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

owlyn
Premium,MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by plencnerb:

said by EG:

said by plencnerb:

I have not done so.

And, I think Murphy's law is in play here. I re-loaded my modem's config screen to go ahead and click the link "Reset FEC Counters", and now I have non-zero values in the "Correcteds" column. I had to go and say something about it and then jinxed myself!

New pic is attached for reference. By the way, I did not click the Reset FEC Counters link yet. I'll wait and see how things go.

--Brian

And don't be alarmed, but your downstream power levels are on the high edge of acceptable.

PGHammer

join:2003-06-09
Accokeek, MD
reply to plencnerb
It's not unique to a specific modem brand; I have a different ARRIS cable modem (WBM-760A) than plencnerb and it has a similar-though-different affinity; if anything, I suspect CMTS differences AND modem chipset differences are in play.