how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI

Before I file my taxes...

I collected unemployment last year. Does the federal UAC send a separate 1099 form than the state or is it all on the one forum?
--
"I like to refer to myself as an Adult Film Efficienato." - Stuart Bondek

tschmidt
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
kudos:9

I believe it is all on a single 1099 since it is administered by the state. Should be obvious from the amount once you get it.

/tom

hortnut
Huh?

join:2005-09-25
PNW
kudos:1
reply to Cthen

Last time I collected in 2006, I received a 1099-G from my State for Unemployment.

Just pulled the hard copies out. I understand if one receives Unemployment from more than one State, than each State would issue their own 1099.

Jtmo
Premium
join:2001-05-20
Novato, CA
reply to Cthen

The state issues it, they only take out Federal if you check that box when you file for the UI. Which gets some people who don't understand it IS taxed and that tax is due quarterly not yearly.

Disability is not taxed as it is insurance vs. UI that is paid by the employer. (Your state may vary....)

Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
reply to Cthen

Excellent info everyone. Looks like I still have to wait though. The State of Michigan hasn't sent me my property tax statement yet. Good to know still that the Federal extension is included on the same statement.
--
"I like to refer to myself as an Adult Film Efficienato." - Stuart Bondek

craig70130
Premium
join:2004-04-27
New Orleans, LA

+1 to everything posted.

It's administered by the state regardless if you are on the federal extension or not. State sends the 1099.

Expand your moderator at work