uniqs
TekFail
join:2013-01-25
Nepean, ON

TekFail to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc

Re: They pick up quick, but I might as well talk to hold music

said by TSI Marc:

Hum, yeah but no matter what was said. There is no way the service would have gotten installed sooner. I.e. whatever issues in communication there may have been.. It did not result in a delay of any kind from what I was able to understand. Is that not correct?

We were in the middle of juggling a move, a house sale and my business, not to mention a family.

If you had just promised the correct date it would have caused less of a planning upset and added stress to an already stressful situation.

The problem isn't that it took too long, it was lack of communicating the correct date.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by TekFail:

said by TSI Marc:

Hum, yeah but no matter what was said. There is no way the service would have gotten installed sooner. I.e. whatever issues in communication there may have been.. It did not result in a delay of any kind from what I was able to understand. Is that not correct?

We were in the middle of juggling a move, a house sale and my business, not to mention a family.

If you had just promised the correct date it would have caused less of a planning upset and added stress to an already stressful situation.

The problem isn't that it took too long, it was lack of communicating the correct date.

Hum. I can see how it created additional confusion. Moving is very stressful there's no doubt in that. However, from our perspective, there was nothing else we could do regardless.. You're service was never getting installed sooner than the date it was installed, it was the absolutely earliest date available. I.e. we did everything right accept make absolutely clear that there were in fact three dates. Not one. Though.. Clearly you knew something about three dates because we always ask for three dates. You *wanted* another date.. We wanted to give you that date.. But it wasn't possible. Isn't that the real story here?

The net result is that we *did* deliver on what you asked for.
TekFail
Nepean, ON

TekFail

said by TSI Marc:

Hum. I can see how it created additional confusion. Moving is very stressful there's no doubt in that. However, from our perspective, there was nothing else we could do regardless.. You're service was never getting installed sooner than the date it was installed, it was the absolutely earliest date available. I.e. we did everything right accept make absolutely clear that there were in fact three dates. Not one. Though.. Clearly you knew something about three dates because we always ask for three dates. You *wanted* another date.. We wanted to give you that date.. But it wasn't possible. Isn't that really the story here?

The net result is that we *did* deliver on what you asked for.

You did eventually deliver. Yes. Not the problem.
I wanted the internet the day I moved in, but that wasn't possible. I also wanted it to be installed by a team of nubile, scantily clad supermodels, but no one told me that, and no one sent me a confirmation on that. So I'm not complaining.

I'm not sure how I "Clearly knew" about three dates. This is my first move with teksavvy service. They may have asked for 3 dates when I signed up, but as I'm sure you can see, that was well over a year before the move. I wanted an eidetic memory, but sadly that didn't come with the internet service, also not promised to me, so we're cool in regards to that.

My issue here is with what was promised, and confirmed, then changed last minute. The CSR agreed this was misleading, and supposedly sent something to have this changed to avoid confusion with others in the future. I'm not sure if that was true, or happened, but that's what I was told on the phone.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

You called in a year ahead of time to schedule a move? Sorry dude, just trying to understand.. It's Sunday I don't have the full crew at my finger tips ATM.., I did not do a deep dive on your case but I did get Coles notes on your situation.

And auto correct on this iPad is killing me. Man it sucks.
TekFail
Nepean, ON

TekFail

nonono, I call in well over a year ago to sign-up. Which would be the only time before the move that I (probably) had to pick three dates.

I emailed in a few weeks (i can't remember exactly) before we moved to schedule. I was asked rather ambiguously for a date (though after wards I was informed that they wanted 3 dates) when I responded back with one date I got a confirmation email back within a few minutes. No mention of other dates.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Hum. Ok now I'm curious. Ill get back to you tomorrow when I get to the bottom of that.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn to TekFail

Premium Member

to TekFail
said by TekFail:

I emailed in a few weeks (i can't remember exactly) before we moved to schedule. I was asked rather ambiguously for a date (though after wards I was informed that they wanted 3 dates) when I responded back with one date I got a confirmation email back within a few minutes. No mention of other dates.

I'm glad you bring this up as this was discussed between me & Andre & we assumed on this but since you are bringing it up, would you be able to clarify where this stopped making sense to you.

When we asked for the 3 dates you stated the 21st, 24th & 27th.
We replied stating that the 21st & 24th couldn't be selected.
So we replied back with soonest dates, which were the 23rd, 27th & 28th.

You agreed on the 23rd and never acknowledge or reconfirmed the 27th & 28th.

What me & Andre discussed is that since it was mentioned previously that 3 dates would be required, that even if we did not choose the 23rd after you said it would be OK, the 27th & 28th would still be OK as we had provided them to you. Thus, we never reconfirmed those dates.

So when the dispatch occurred the 27th & you were notified this should of all be OK with you as these were all dates you have asked for.

Now I agree we did some assumption with the dates, but you had initially provided the 27th as an acceptable date. Thus... we picked it. I agree communication could of been better on this whole aspect.

Regards,
Martin