uniqs
share rss forum feed

silvercat

join:2007-11-07
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to DrugTito

Re: VPN - START Cable customer

Well for Netflix (to access U.S. based Netflix) and to be able to watch NHL blacked out games (on NHL Gamecenter Live) and blacked out Blue Jays games (MLBTV), Unblock-US is a great option, as i use this. But Unblock-US is not a true VPN, so i know you weren't asking about this.

I'd be interested to know others' VPN experiences as well. PIA (Private Internet Access) has been talked about.

DrugTito

join:2013-01-17
canada

Is it like DNS? How does it work , if you don't mind sharing, if it doesn't take too much of your time, don't want to bother you

silvercat

join:2007-11-07
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by DrugTito:

Is it like DNS? How does it work , if you don't mind sharing, if it doesn't take too much of your time, don't want to bother you

Yes it's true. It is "like DNS", so not a true VPN, but at least it does trick Netflix, etc... into thinking that you're in the US or UK (although with Netflix, in conjunction with Unblock-US, you can choose several different Netflix catalogues to choose from, such as Netflix UK). Although with Unblock-US, your internet traffic is not encrypted, like it would be if you signed up with a VPN provider. More info at »unblock-us.com . A "DNS" service can have limitations. Sometimes it doesn't always work to trick a server into thinking you're in another country.