BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26 to rednekcowboy

Premium Member

to rednekcowboy

Re: Called Bell to cancel, got unlimited 25down/25up no contract

Question is for how long. Bell has a history of reverting such plans when they know they can screw their customers.

WhyBother
@start.ca

WhyBother

Anon

said by BACONATOR26:

Question is for how long. Bell has a history of reverting such plans when they know they can screw their customers.

Agreed! People shouldn't get suckered in.

To be fair, if you're already a Bell client and have 3 services, I guess it makes sense at $10 but for $30 extra, you might as well switch.

And I think this also proves that Bell's arguments for UBB was b.s. all along.

Nitra
join:2011-09-15
Montreal

Nitra

It really worries me how many will get suckered into this and have Bell take it away in several months.

I had an issue just like this a number of months ago, Bell made me an offer, it was on my account for a period, the suddenly it was gone. When I called in, I was told it had been removed and they would no longer honor it. At that point, I left Bell for internet and kept FibeTV.
Regardless of what they tell you, they can and will take the "Unlimited" or "Discounts" off whenever they feel like it, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Countless others here can attest the the billing issues people have with Bell, in my 2 years with them for FibeTV/Internet, not one bill, I really mean, not one bill had the amount on it that it should have.
Despite no service change, no orders, nothing that would cause a bill difference, my bills were never the same, I spent hours and hours on the phone trying to get it fixed.

Never again, unlimited might be a great offer, but IMHO, it's not worth dealing with Bell.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to BACONATOR26

Premium Member

to BACONATOR26
Yeah, the new rate changes might not be in their favour, so Bell is sucking in as many people as they can with 'unlimited', only to end in in a bit and hope that people will switch back to them, or get comfortable with them and not cancel Bell once the new rates hit because of "awesome" bundle specials.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

What I find troubling about this is the POTENTIAL that Bell *knows* the CRTC decision now, and the indies don't -- if this is indeed the case.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

Any company that's making profit in the millions needs to know what their staff is doing. Bell is no exception.
MaynardKrebs
Premium Member

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

Shrug
@videotron.ca

Shrug to BACONATOR26

Anon

to BACONATOR26
said by BACONATOR26:

Bell has a history of reverting such plans when they know they can screw their customers.

Bell's history is:
Offer something new.
Get as many people as possible
Raise rate in 2 or 3 months across the board.

Every single promo is like this since 2007, as shown in the Bell forum.

Along with what you stated.

In the case with the guy above, he's locked into another contract and doesn't know yet that he's been lied to. Wait till he calls again and finds out what happens if he cancels the service 2 months down the road.

The 9.95 phone promo has always been another contract as I can recall.

The scam here that we are seeing in this topic is the following:
They raise rates on internet then tell you that you can break your contract if you don't agree to the new rate terms.

You think fine, I will.

But as soon as you break the bundle, phone and TV go up by ~40$ or so and you can't drop those w/o cancellation fee's and/or early termination fee's because the rates did not change on those and you had a triple bundle savings that you just broke.

In this case the TV is on contract, and I'm pretty damn 99% sure that 9.95$ phone service is a 12 to 24 month contract (if i'm not mistaken, that 9.95 rate increases after 3 or 6 months as well, as part of the phone promo).

Anyhow, this guy will learn not to believe anything Bell tells him. His life lesson, or rather, his friends life lesson.

He better hang on to that apparent "recording". His friend will need it when they decide to run to the CCTS for help when they realize how screwed they are.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning to MaynardKrebs

to MaynardKrebs
said by MaynardKrebs:

What I find troubling about this is the POTENTIAL that Bell *knows* the CRTC decision now, and the indies don't -- if this is indeed the case.

If the decision is going to be released in February, that probably means it has been finished for a number of weeks, if not months.

There's apparently a big delay between completing the decision and getting it translated to be released in both official languages simultaneously. That process isn't under CRTC control.

There could be leaks in that part of the process, or Bell simply knows their case was utter nonsense, and are preparing for what they THINK will happen.

Regardless, Bell won an extra year of marketplace uncertainty while still in a dominant position. The CRTC has once again been played by Bell.
MaynardKrebs
Premium Member

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

said by HeadSpinning:

said by MaynardKrebs:

If the decision is going to be released in February, that probably means it has been finished for a number of weeks, if not months.

There's apparently a big delay between completing the decision and getting it translated to be released in both official languages simultaneously. That process isn't under CRTC control.

There could be leaks in that part of the process, or Bell simply knows their case was utter nonsense, and are preparing for what they THINK will happen.

Regardless, Bell won an extra year of marketplace uncertainty while still in a dominant position. The CRTC has once again been played by Bell.

There should be retroactive rate cuts for the indies when shit like this happens.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning

said by MaynardKrebs:

There should be retroactive rate cuts for the indies when shit like this happens.

It would help some, but a workable, stable regulatory environment would be better.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

to MaynardKrebs
Good luck with that, they were interim costs

silvercat
join:2007-11-07

silvercat to MaynardKrebs

to MaynardKrebs
said by MaynardKrebs:

Hasn't this always been the case ?
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

Bell knows their costs.

And considering that this time around, the CRTC looked quite closely at numbers, and spoke to incumbents about them, they know which way the numbers will be going, but probably not the exact numbers themselves.