spc
uniqs

Bill Neilson
Premium Member
join:2009-07-08
Alexandria, VA

Bill Neilson

Premium Member

Re: Significant outage across Southeast US?

FYI, my service in NOLA the last few days has been very inconsistent. We have lost internet 3-4 times the last 2 days and our speeds go EXTREMELY UP and VERY LOW during the day.

I have 12m speeds and one minute I am downloading at over 20 and then suddenly it is down to 2.

Weird

Dennis
Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL

2 edits

Dennis

Mod

said by Bill Neilson:

I have 12m speeds and one minute I am downloading at over 20 and then suddenly it is down to 2.

I would recommend posting in the Direct forum to have your line checked. I'll be happy to take a quick look if you want to PM me your BAN but I can't do more than that or open customer tickets directly.

»AT&T Direct
said by UverseTech2:

Like I said in a previous post they seem to be keeping the speeds down on purpose so they keep people from using the multitude of Internet video options.

I don't see your contribution helping in anyway nor do I understand your username as you clearly must not be a Uverse Tech currently. Your theory of speeds being kept down on purpose is not only misleading it is flat out wrong.
UverseTech2
join:2012-08-04

UverseTech2

Sorry for the hurt feelings but I have installed this service from the Midwest thru south tex and yes a majority of lines could support a 30-50mb connection for Internet only as the line capacity is not be same. You are a moderator and probably work for AT&T great. What I stated was my opinion too many people get their feelings hurt when others interject an opinion. I don't know how many installs you have done but most of mine would sync at a max of 55-70 on non Inid and on some pair bond it would hit at almost 100. I am a numbers guy, they never mislead.

Dennis
Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL

Dennis

Mod

said by UverseTech2:

Sorry for the hurt feelings ...

My feelings have nothing to do with your statement about AT&T keeping speeds down on purpose to keep people from using other video being wrong. That is an opinion and not a number.
87062379 (banned)
join:2013-01-22
USA

87062379 (banned) to UverseTech2

to UverseTech2
Attainable or theoretical sync rate of an individual line, measured by the RG or a test set, has nothing to do with the sync profiles available and assigned.
UverseTech2

UverseTech2

JDSU, LSBBT. Internet only can run at a high line cap all day. Uverse video can run in the low 90s i've seen it over and over. South of the main Bryan street CO in Dallas there is a VRAD pushing 102 cap and video and data 24/3 ran fine. I put in a ticket when I saw these numbers at the terminal, even though all services were up. The IR tech said that's the way it is in that particular area.
87062379 (banned)
join:2013-01-22
USA

87062379 (banned)

Just because a line can run that high, doesn't mean they will provision it that high if it isn't a standard offering.
UverseTech2

UverseTech2

That's my point exactly, a majority of lines will sync at a much higher rate than provisioned. I know this is way off topic, sorry for that, I'll stop on this thread now.

Bill Neilson
Premium Member
join:2009-07-08
Alexandria, VA

Bill Neilson to Dennis

Premium Member

to Dennis
Dennis, thank you. I will do just that when I get home tonight from work.