share rss forum feed

jsmaster

join:2008-03-16
Montreal, QC

[Internet] Unlimited for 10$/Month for all plan

Bellmtl

join:2006-11-01
kudos:2
Don't forget, the $10 offer is for Trios. If you're not on a triple, it's $30.

BigSensFan
Premium
join:2003-07-16
Whitby, ON
kudos:1
fine print says new residential customers..I am waiting on hold to see if existing customers can get it

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to jsmaster
So, after years of saying it was impossible to offer unlimited no matter how much money they spent on upgrades, hence the throttling and super low caps and war on wholesalers, suddenly it isn't impossible anymore. Because of, apparently, the upgrades they swore were impossible.

More likely: competitive pressure forced them to stop lying.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to BigSensFan
yeah I saw that too no way they won't give it to current people that would just be forking crazy. On;y way they would do that is if they truly think people won't change and being as they're still with bell then they must be happy.

I think it means the plan is new to customers. It's really bad wording but I hope it would just mean this is new to people.

BigSensFan
Premium
Whitby, ON
said by TOPDAWG:

yeah I saw that too no way they won't give it to current people that would just be forking crazy. On;y way they would do that is if they truly think people won't change and being as they're still with bell then they must be happy.

I think it means the plan is new to customers. It's really bad wording but I hope it would just mean this is new to people.

I called and got it... now I can change my netflix quality to the best one
--
"The hardest thing about any political campaign is how to win without proving that you are unworthy of winning." ~ Adlai E. Stevenson

ns1225

join:2010-12-30
Montreal, QC
reply to jsmaster
Got it for $10 even with 2 services, the specific discount prefix was "MDU Duo Discount". Adding TV now makes sense.

TOPDAWG
Premium
Calgary, AB
reply to BigSensFan
cool thanks for the confirm. my in-laws have all 3 serves from bell I will call in push for them to get this upgrade for free.

jsmaster

Montreal, QC
reply to Bellmtl
I am an old customer. I called and they gave it to me. The print said : New to residential custommers. Because it is a new offer

jsmaster

Montreal, QC
reply to jsmaster
Current as of January 28, 2013. Available new to residential customers,

Marvie

@206.172.0.x
Hi,

I've been with Bell for years and they gave me the promotion at $10/month for unlimited

Dunlop

join:2011-07-13
reply to jsmaster
Wow that was unexpected, got it with 2 services also

now I can take my Netflix of off minimum streaming :P

jsmaster

Montreal, QC
reply to jsmaster
»Bell Canada Offers Unlimited Data

Lol DSL reports is not up to date it was only anounced 67 minutes ago km joking lol

But for 10$ imagine all the money they will do if a lot of users take it. Wise marketing strategy from bell. Bravo for this one

kovy7

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8
said by jsmaster:

»Bell Canada Offers Unlimited Data

Lol DSL reports is not up to date it was only anounced 67 minutes ago km joking lol

But for 10$ imagine all the money they will do if a lot of users take it. Wise marketing strategy from bell. Bravo for this one

Well not sure how much money they will do or not... since the max cap was 80$... and people bought 5$ blocks.

BTW your both late lol it was up this morning lollll

dsudot

join:2013-01-23
Guelph, ON
reply to jsmaster
definitely good timing for me, last week I gave up my grandfathered unlimited to switch to Fibe TV/Internet. and lost my unlimited when doing so (yes i knew would).

Dunlop

Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
reply to jsmaster
Has anyone who switched to unlimited check on their account? I still see my 75GB cap but under my features had a + $10 charge for "Internet Services"

I will call back today but I'm wondering if it is because the site has not been updated with the unlimited option

kovy7

join:2009-03-26
reply to jsmaster
Me it says :Additional features Internet service $30.00.

Under my package and feature... yours says 10$ ?

BigSensFan
Premium
Whitby, ON
reply to Dunlop
said by Dunlop:

Has anyone who switched to unlimited check on their account? I still see my 75GB cap but under my features had a + $10 charge for "Internet Services"

I will call back today but I'm wondering if it is because the site has not been updated with the unlimited option

They said it may take 24 hours for the change to be reflected online
--
"The hardest thing about any political campaign is how to win without proving that you are unworthy of winning." ~ Adlai E. Stevenson

Dunlop

reply to jsmaster
Now it no longer says Internet Service $10...just Internet service lol.

I'll be more worried when I am closer to my cap at $2/GB :P

BMR

@bell.ca
Just called and asked for unlimited at $10 extra per month. I have 2 services not three. The tech said no way unless I have three services.

TOPDAWG
Premium
Calgary, AB
call again some reps just suck you're next answer may be ok no issue. Make sure to not say what you have too and just say I want the $10 thing on my account.

TOPDAWG
Premium
Calgary, AB
reply to BMR
try again reps give different answers. Also make sure not to say how many services you have just say I want the $10 thing.

BMR

@bell.ca
I will of course give it a shot. The tech guy was quite polite and was trying to help with reducing my costs in the phone area.

He was of course willing to really help me out if I would sign up for TV service, but I do not want to add that on.

He was very insistent however, and I did ask twice, that unless I did have 3 services I could not get the $10 Unlimited, I would have to pay $30. He also said that online forums may have people posting that they got it with two services but that I may not know all of the details of the deal that they made.

BMR

poker85

join:2011-10-05
Laval
there is no way to have with just one service ...
He charged me $ 30 more per month to have ...
Anyway, it gives me 40GB per month and I rarely exceed 150GB per month
so I skip my turn for this time!

Cl28

@bell.ca
Poker: Huh? You lost me.

maxboha

join:2012-05-12
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
·Bell Sympatico
·Cooptel
reply to jsmaster
I called yesterday, the charges will be 30 $

If your are on trio, you will get a 20 $ credit on your internet service /month

J'ai appeller hier pour commander, le prix est de 30 $ pour l'illimité, mais ca apparais avec un credit de 20 $ sur la facture ( selon le gars)

Glen1
These Are The Good Ol' Days.
Premium,MVM
join:2002-05-24
GTA Canada
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
reply to jsmaster
I just went to "The Source" to look for a pair of headphones and got to talking to the Bell guy there. He told me if I have all 3 services with Bell...like phone, TV and internet I could apply for unlimited bandwidth for $10 per month. I was already paying $15 for 120 Gig extra per month so this is a "no brainer" situation. I just called and asked for it...got it. Now I am looking at "Netflix".
--
My Canada includes Quebec.
Disclaimer: If I express an opinion, it is my own opinion, not that of Bell or its related companies.

hlo207

join:2012-11-16
North York, ON
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
But it could be days before you see the Usage Indicator updated. Make sure you keep your order number handy.

I ordered mine on the 28th and the indicator still showing my old bad limited bandwidth. Bell customer support and the Bell people from Bell Direct forum assure me I am on the Unlimited Plan.

theborgs

join:2006-01-25
Saint-Hyacinthe, QC
reply to jsmaster
I have a friend who might be interested with this offer, but before he makes any moves, he would like to know if Bell still throttle torrents ?

desRow

join:2011-05-23
they dont anymore its been a few years since they stopped