Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

joeMI

join:2006-08-15
Mcmillan, MI

Stop all the redundancy!

IMO...

We don't need a HBO GO, etc. Just license it to Netflix.

Then, Netflix can add a premium content up charge to access it just like they do today if you want BluRay discs or stream+physical discs.

Why do this?

Because the devices, streaming hardware, etc. are all in place. Simplifies billing, etc.

HBO is great at creating content and Netflix is pretty great at delivering content.
--
HughesNet | BI-700 | HN9000 | .98m/2W | 180SS | 42NPW | 5Mbps/1Mbps
HughesNet | Business Internet plan | HN7000S | .98m/2W | G17 91W:1050MHz | 88 sig | ACP 99 | 1.5Mbps/385Kbps

YukonHawk

join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY

You took the words right out of my mouth!! Hey wait a minute, did I give you a license to do that!? Ha!

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA

1 recommendation

reply to joeMI

Problem with that is that Netflix is unwilling to raise the price or charge a premium for anyone. If Netflix did it for HBO, other content providers would want the same deal and Netflix would be up a creek.

Without a premium charge, Netflix can't pay HBO what they want. So we are stuck where we are.

anon anon

@charter.com

said by silbaco:

Problem with that is that Netflix is unwilling to raise the price or charge a premium for anyone. If Netflix did it for HBO, other content providers would want the same deal and Netflix would be up a creek.

Without a premium charge, Netflix can't pay HBO what they want. So we are stuck where we are.

They won't because if they did all the haters would claim Netflix is "raising" prices. They already dealt enough with that kind of bullshit before.

jdjbuffalo

join:2004-01-17
Denver, CO
reply to joeMI

I think this is a great idea and I've been saying for years!

I've been a Netflix subscriber for 4 years and I'd gladly pay $19.99 a month instead of $8 a moth for a premium tier, especially if it had great content from HBO.

They need to get it out of their head that they can only have one tier.