jjoshua
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Scotch Plains, NJ

jjoshua to PSWired

Premium Member

to PSWired

Re: Steam room finished

I would have shifted some of the tile positions so they lined up better.

Also, I would not have used the vertical narrow tile which doesn't seem to line up with anything.

PSWired
join:2006-03-26
Annapolis, MD

PSWired

Gotcha. Yeah, I messed up the placement on that right bench. I started that bench off the front wall (closest to the door) and the rest of the room was started from the back corner. The vertical narrow tiles (only available in 12" widths) have a beveled edge cast into them, which I wanted for the corner. Is there a better way to do outside vertical corners that I missed?

Annmarie

join:2000-11-11

Annmarie

I seriously LOVE those glass tiles and the less than usual arrangement.

I will (hopefully) re doing a very 80s style bathroom this spring and I have book marked this thread for reference.

Yes, I agree with mattmag on the water fall effect. I am looking for more blue tones but that is just my color preference.

No steam room just a basic full bath with not much room - two people is barely doable. One must be in the shower.

Again, very impressive.

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium Member
join:2002-01-02
Gainesville, FL

1 recommendation

VioletVenom to jjoshua

Premium Member

to jjoshua
Ok jjoshua, you now have to post some of your tile work for us to critique. Bullnose is usually narrow and the usual way to finish outside corners. My only "future" suggestion, it looks like your benches are level. I learned the hard way to put a slight slope on them to help shed water.

For your first tile job, tits! Once again, I think you did great and now have the added bonus of enjoying it!

PSWired
join:2006-03-26
Annapolis, MD

1 edit

1 recommendation

PSWired

The benches are sloped slightly, but not much. Enough that water doesn't pool, but not enough for individual droplets to "roll" off instead of just sitting there.

Also, no air vents in there. I think you'll cook from steam way before the oxygen is used up. I've been keeping the door open for a bit after use to dry the place out. It could easily turn into a mold pit sitting dark and wet with no air circulation. Maybe i'll put a vent in the new door with some way to shut it off when the steam is turned on.

Also, here's the glass mosaic:

»www.homedepot.com/buy/je ··· og791FBk

»howto.homedepot.com/vide ··· pot.html

jrs8084
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Statesville, NC

jrs8084

Premium Member

You can add me to the list of people that was put off at first by the glass tile. But, it grew on me very quickly and I really like it. It really adds to the room.

Great job on everything!

jjoshua
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Scotch Plains, NJ

jjoshua to VioletVenom

Premium Member

to VioletVenom
said by VioletVenom:

Ok jjoshua, you now have to post some of your tile work for us to critique.

No chance. I leave that work to the pros.

mattmag

join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois

mattmag

said by jjoshua:

said by VioletVenom:

Ok jjoshua, you now have to post some of your tile work for us to critique.

No chance. I leave that work to the pros.

Hmmmmmmm.....