Lucky
I am...outta here
Premium Member
join:2006-05-11
South Bay

Lucky

Premium Member

[DIRECTV] Signal to two TVs from one box, wirelessly

Is there a way to get the signal from my HR-24 to a second TV (I know it'll be the same programming as the first TV) wirelessly? The box and first TV are in the living room, the second TV is in another room.
westdc
join:2009-01-25
Amissville, VA

westdc

How do you wish to get the signal to the other TV?

you can do it HDMI requires a HDMI splitter and a (long HDMI) Cable or using Two RG6 Cables and Transmit and receiver (HDMI)

Using a RF mod will require you to setthe HR24 to SD output mode.

Look at Monoprice . com for more options / Wireless may or may not work and is not recomended.

Lucky
I am...outta here
Premium Member
South Bay

Lucky

Premium Member

I would like to get the signal wirelessly to the second TV. That way, I wouldn't have to worry about drilling holes in my walls and/or floor. Plus, it would be a bonus to be able to temporarily move the second TV to another room.

I do know of the wired options but I was really looking for something wireless.

Thanks.
Lucky

Lucky

Premium Member

Found this... »www.brite-view.com/air_s ··· nchd.php

Looks pretty good, non LOS is ~30 feet which works for me. Anyone had experience with it or BV products?
Lucky

Lucky

Premium Member

Okay, guess I'll skip on Brite-View...lots of recent complaints of units dying after 6-12 months of use and bad customer support (their customer forums domain expired). Back to the drawing board, I suppose.
westdc
join:2009-01-25
Amissville, VA

westdc

Iron Wire is the way to go OR WIRE OF YOUR CHOICE
hchen42
join:1999-12-23
New York, NY

hchen42 to Lucky

to Lucky
There are many HDMI transmitter and receiver selling on Amazon. Search "wireless hdmi transmitter and receiver". It's quite expensive though.

e_dub
franknbeans
Premium Member
join:2001-08-12
kickin ass

e_dub

Premium Member

»www.monoprice.com/produc ··· feedback

Lucky
I am...outta here
Premium Member
South Bay

Lucky

Premium Member

Thanks for the info! I ended up going with another DirecTV box, just $6.00 a month.