spc
uniqs

BronsCon
join:2003-10-24
Fairfield, CA

BronsCon to Geno71

to Geno71

Re: [Rant] Comcast Treats Long-Time Customers Like Garbage

Don't feel special, they treat *all* their customers like garbage.
djcrazy
Premium Member
join:2009-08-05
Minneapolis, MN

djcrazy

Premium Member

said by BronsCon:

Sir, you took the words right out of my mouth. LOL! Spot on statement!

mike34
Premium Member
join:2004-07-17
Central City, PA
Netgear CM500V
Asus RT-AC68

mike34

Premium Member

said by djcrazy:

said by BronsCon:

Absolute rubbish. Neither of you can possibly speak for more than 0.0001% of Comcast's customers.

The service here is excellent, response to physical problems is almost immediate and I'm quite grateful that they are here with their solid offerings.

Of course it would be nice if it cost less. But wouldn't it be nice if a loaf of bread cost a dime like it did 50 years ago?

BronsCon
join:2003-10-24
Fairfield, CA

BronsCon

said by mike34:

said by djcrazy:

said by BronsCon:

Absolute rubbish. Neither of you can possibly speak for more than 0.0001% of Comcast's customers.

I grew up on Comcast, 6 different locations, 6 different accounts. Since then, I've had Comcast at 5 different locations; again, 5 different accounts. In all 11 locations, on all 11 accounts, I was treated like shit by Comcast in every regard. The only time I (or my parents, in the case of the first 6 accounts) wasn't abused by that company is when I was calling to set up service or when I was calling to cancel.

During the same span of time, I've known numerous people who've used Comcast, and I still know several, and they all seem to feel the same way. I don't know you, or I could at least say I know one person who's satisfied with Comcast. I'm not speaking just for myself, I'm speaking for every friend, family member, or coworker I've had in the past 20 years who's had Comcast and ever said a word to me about it. That's an army of hundreds, to your one good experience.

Why so many accounts? You can't transfer service between markets, so, when you're moving from one market to another, you get a new account. I moved around a lot during my childhood and it's taken another 15 years or so for me to finally decide to settle in one place; a place with options other than Comcast. On more than one occasion, when I was moving half way across the country, Comcast would manage to send the "please come back" promotional materials (sometimes after my new account was already established) with promos that were only valid for the market I had just moved out of. No big deal, but then... they'd also manage to send my final bill (showing a credit owed) to my new address and inform me that I should be receiving a check in 6 to 8 weeks, then proceed to send that check to the old address. Correcting that is a 6 month process; they will *not* send not a second check until 6 months have passed since the first check was issued, again with the requisite 6-8 month wait. In one of those instances, my residency at the new place was short-lived and they refused to update my address again before sending out the 2nd check, so I had to wait another 6 months (plus 6-8 weeks, again) for them to send out a 3rd check. Overall, that $60 refund took me over 15 months (and several hours on the phone) to receive and probably cost them several hundred dollars in administrative costs, between wages, postage, and check cancellations.

As for why I don't have my mail forwarded when I move: I do. They mark the envelopes they send refund checks in "Do Not Forward". That's beside the point, however, since they had (and used) my correct address for the final (credit) bill and promo materials; why send the check to the old address? Here's my guess: it's marked "Do Not Forward" and a large number of people will likely forget about it or not take the time to call in. That amounts to theft and/or fraud.

This isn't a vendetta against *all* cable companies, mind you. Several places I lived were serviced by Cox, and they were great; see my reviews of both Comcast and Cox if you're interested.