dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
join:2002-12-26
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:17
reply to Jamez K

Re: Introducing DSL Extreme Fusion Broadband + Phone

said by Jamez K :

The good news is I'm eligible for Fusion. Unfortunately no one could make it clear to me whether or not I needed a third party (AT&T?) to set up a phone line to make it work? I was told yes & no by different operators.

That's great news. We look forward to having you as a client. You do not need to place an order with AT&T. We lease the lines from AT&T and during the order process will have AT&T deliver the line to your location. That line is delivered to your MPOE/NID where all of the phone cables come into your location. You are of course responsible for your inside wiring or any wiring beyond that point.

You can place your order on our website by going to »www.dslextreme.com/fusion and we will take care of getting the service established for you.

Thanks
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

bbnovice

join:2004-03-17
Sacramento, CA
Hi George--

I just clicked on the prequalify button--unfortunately my location did not qualify for the Fusion service, just 3M DSL service--bummer.

I live in Sacramento Valley with ATT service--will homes in our area eventually be able to get the Fursion service? Or is it a matter of being too far away from the CO?

Thank you in advance!

Jamez K

@rr.com
reply to dslx_gm

We lease the lines from AT&T and during the order process will have AT&T deliver the line to your location. That line is delivered to your MPOE/NID where all of the phone cables come into your location. You are of course responsible for your inside wiring or any wiring beyond that point.

"You are of course responsible for your inside wiring or any wiring beyond that point."
George, can you please tell me what this entails? I have no extensive knowledge of wiring other than plugging in the modem, and setting up a router. I want to sign up but I don't want to get stuck with a setup I can't handle. Or for that matter needing to find someone to do the wiring for me.

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:29
You said you don't have a phone line right now; did your location have a phone line previously? If you don't have any wall jacks installed then obviously those would need to get installed, but if your location had a phone line previously then presumably you would have wall jacks already in place, and those should already be connected to the phone box (meaning all that needs to be done is the outside phone line connected to your phone box, which is handled by phone techs, not you).