uniqs

nonamesleft
join:2011-11-07
Manitowoc, WI

nonamesleft to AnonFTW

to AnonFTW

Re: 100,000

said by AnonFTW :

The Petition needs 100,000 signatures to be addressed. The 70k noted are just the number needed by a certain date to remain on track for the 100,000 required.

I signed it.

It use to be only 25,000 was needed. I guess they raised it because of certain petitions that they didn't like were getting past the 25,000 mark. Nice huh?

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList

Premium Member

well it's not that they didn't like them. they were pointless and stupid petitions. The death star one is the best example.
NOVA_UAV_Guy
Premium Member
join:2012-12-14
Purcellville, VA

NOVA_UAV_Guy

Premium Member

I can think of a whole host of petitions that the White House didn't like that wound up crossing the threshold on there too.

A few of the petitions for allowing specific states to leave the union come to mind for this. I think that a few of them actually crossed the old threshold, which is probably what prompted the higher numbers for everyone. Obama and his cronies, just like Bush II, doesn't really appreciate it when the people come together to voice their opinions.
intok (banned)
join:2012-03-15

intok (banned)

said by NOVA_UAV_Guy:

I can think of a whole host of petitions that the White House didn't like that wound up crossing the threshold on there too.

A few of the petitions for allowing specific states to leave the union come to mind for this. I think that a few of them actually crossed the old threshold, which is probably what prompted the higher numbers for everyone. Obama and his cronies, just like Bush II, doesn't really appreciate it when the people come together to voice their opinions.

Ah yes, because having a rounding error number of people in the country with a moronic idea should be able to waste the time of the federal government?

Care to guess what a counter petition from just the rest of the people in those states would have garnered?

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList to NOVA_UAV_Guy

Premium Member

to NOVA_UAV_Guy
The white house had no basis to trust that that petition accurately represented the people of those states. The appropriate channel would have been to go through the state government for a formal secession from the union. If that would have happened, I would hope that he would let them. The thing about that is that no Governor in their right mind would do that. None of them have the means to defend themselves and don't forget that the Federal Government owns a significant amount of land in every state.

nonamesleft
join:2011-11-07
Manitowoc, WI

1 recommendation

nonamesleft to ArrayList

to ArrayList
said by ArrayList:

well it's not that they didn't like them. they were pointless and stupid petitions. The death star one is the best example.

Why don't you start a petition for "give up liberty for security" then. See how many support it.

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList

Premium Member

ha. liberty.