uniqs
share rss forum feed

iceman202ca

join:2008-10-12
Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

[DSL] DSL 25/10 upgrade mishapp

So, I requested for a DSL line upgrade from the old 6m down to the DSL25 on the 14th of January. The order confirmation was sent as normal, and a tech was scheduled to come in do the line upgrade. The Bell tech who is supposed to do the work on my building's phone room came and did his job as scheduled. The second tech who is supposed to come in and do the second part of the wiring in my condo has been a no show. Now, granted, that the first time around it was an issue with my building's buzzer system (which i was not aware of) that caused the 2nd tech to miss the first appointment. But the successive 2 times that I scheduled for this tech to come in, providing various contact numbers to call in the event the buzzer malfunction again (which at this time if completely fixed and has no issues), he was a no show. No calls, no contacts, nothing. Upon contacting TekSavvy customer service, they have rescheduled yet again. But, from the conversation I had, I am lead to believe that this company that TekSavvy pays for the tech determines if they are going to show up or not and TekSavvy has no control over it. As a long standing customer, this is highly disappointing and highly frustrating. I have had to take time off of work 2 days waiting for this tech, and I am going to have to do it again this 3rd time. I have already been charged for a speed I am not getting, and I am going to charged again.

At this point, I want to know how I can get this damned service started. Even if I have to the wiring myself.

TSIElizabeth
Premium
join:2012-08-20
kudos:6

Hi There,

I'm really sorry to see it has taken this long to get you active, if you send me your account info in the direct forum »TekSavvy Direct I can have a look and see what we can do for you.

Thanks!
Liz
--
TSI Elizabeth (Social Media & E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

"Not all those who wander are lost."

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2
reply to iceman202ca

said by iceman202ca:

... I have had to take time off of work 2 days waiting for this tech, and I am going to have to do it again this 3rd time. I have already been charged for a speed I am not getting, and I am going to charged again.
....No calls, no contacts, nothing. Upon contacting TekSavvy customer service, they have rescheduled yet again. But, from the conversation I had, I am lead to believe that this company that TekSavvy pays for the tech determines if they are going to show up or not and TekSavvy has no control over it.

As far as I am aware, in Ontario, verbal contracts are binding. If Teksavvy has agreed to perform an install on a certain date then any lost wages etc. should be compensated to you by Teksavvy or their agents because of Teksavvy's failure to honor the agreement.

TSI MartinP
Premium
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON
kudos:5

Our dates are tentative and requested we do not guarantee dates at time of order, we reinforce this with the verification email which says in text that your activation date is to be tentatively activated on such between x time.

We do work the best we can to avoid delays and inconveniences but unanticipated issues do arise from time to time and we attempt as quickly as we can to have them rectified.

Martin P

iceman202ca

Scarborough, ON
reply to iceman202ca

SO...............................................
A 3rd no show from the second tech.

TSI Alan
Premium
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON
kudos:3

Hello,

I am already looking into this issue from your thread in Direct.

I will follow-up with you there, as it has your account details, etc.

Thank you.
--
TSI Alan (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee
Follow us on Twitter: @TekSavvyCSR; @TekSavvyNetwork

iceman202ca

Scarborough, ON
reply to iceman202ca

Goodbye Techsavvy....

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to elitefx

said by elitefx:

said by iceman202ca:

... I have had to take time off of work 2 days waiting for this tech, and I am going to have to do it again this 3rd time. I have already been charged for a speed I am not getting, and I am going to charged again.
....No calls, no contacts, nothing. Upon contacting TekSavvy customer service, they have rescheduled yet again. But, from the conversation I had, I am lead to believe that this company that TekSavvy pays for the tech determines if they are going to show up or not and TekSavvy has no control over it.

As far as I am aware, in Ontario, verbal contracts are binding. If Teksavvy has agreed to perform an install on a certain date then any lost wages etc. should be compensated to you by Teksavvy or their agents because of Teksavvy's failure to honor the agreement.

I as understand it, TekSavvy doesn't employ the technicians that do the install (someone from TekSavvy correct me if I am wrong here), it's just like with Rogers, they either work for or are contracted by Bell since its Bell's equipment and lines. It's part of the terms of using Bell's last might infrastructure. Putting the blame on TekSavvy only and holding them solely responsible is wrong in this scenario. I don't believe they ever verbally guarantee the install techs they don't employ or contract will show up. They have little recourse to deal with it other than complain to the CRTC.

Perhaps instead of blaming the company trying to give a better product than the incumbents , you should be talking to your local MP or candiates planning to run in the next election to make the curruption of the CRTC and Telecommunications industry an election issue. Since the ultimate blame lies squarely the government we all elected in (not voting is a vote of silence).

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to iceman202ca

Hi iceman202ca,

I am really sorry to hear this... I have asked my team to take a deeper dive into this. If you still have faith in us, I would love to get this resolved ASAP for you.

Thanks,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery

TekSavvy Website | TekSavvy Blog

TSI PhilR
TSI PhilR
Premium
join:2009-01-26
Chatham, ON
reply to iceman202ca

Hello,

I've reached out one of my contacts at Bell, and have your profile increased to 26meg. it's showing stable as of 9:33AM this morning.

I'll be calling you in the next few minutes to let you know as well, incase you wanted to test drive it before making any decisions.
--
TSI PhilR - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Manager, Escalations, Errors & Recovery
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

iceman202ca

Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

Thank you for taking an interest Phil. I got your message, but when I called back no one knew how to find or transfer to you.
At this point, I have already requested Bell to take over service from the 11th, and I will not be backing out of that commitment.

While I do see the new speed, it took you guys a month and a wasted a lot of my time. At this point, it is too little and too late. Maybe I'll try TekSavvy again in the future. But for now, I am done.

Thank you.

TSI PhilR
TSI PhilR
Premium
join:2009-01-26
Chatham, ON

I'm sorry to hear that and I definitely do apologize for the length of time in getting this all rectified for you.
I wish we could have taken care of this sooner for you, but if you decide in the future to give TekSavvy another chance, I look forward to seeing you back.