spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

scottp99

join:2010-12-11

Win7 Firewall rule question

Is there any chance that I can create a rule in the Win7 firewall by blocking outbound traffic to a specific domain?

Also, this rule would be using or selecting All IP Protocols.

For example, if I suspect that a website has an exploit in it, then I would want to be able to block connections to that specific domain like ABC.com or adding multiple domains.

Thanks

Creer
IT Security enthusiast

join:2008-08-23
PL

2 recommendations

Sort of.
You can deny access to a IP address, which would in-turn deny access to any websites hosted on that IP address.

If you don't want to play with IP addresses you can use HOSTS file ( C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc ) and there write specific domains you would like to block in this format:
127.0.0.1 domaintoblock.com
127.0.0.1 domaintoblock2.com

Phoenix22
Death From Above
Premium
join:2001-12-11
SOG C&C Nrth
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
reply to scottp99

what browser are u using...........ffox..........you can block it with adblocker......or better privacy

ad the site to spware blaster/spybot seasrch and destroy's lists of restricted sites

those restrictions will work on ie.......as well ..... or just put the addy in the restricted sections of either browser..plus what creer said

firewall's not the place to block the site addy
--
101ST ABN Div. (AirAssault) "Rendezvous With Destiny!" "Night Stalkers/Phoenix Flight" For Buddy...who lived it! Whiskey for my men and beer for my horses! H.A.L.O!, 5th Grp., MACV SOG, 160TH AVN SOG, Death From Above, VFW, AmLegion